cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to resize/hide ivews from WDA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to allow a main application (WDA) to call a second application (also WDA) as an embedded component. Once the child application completes, it needs to notify the parent application. There are also some cases where the parent application needs to raise an event in the child application.

The difficulty I am having is that the subcomponent application may be either in the same system or in a different ABAP system.

I'm open to the possibility of achieving this through separate iviews on the same portal page instead of directly embedding the child application; but if I go that route, I'd need to be able to put a child iview for both possible target systems on the screen and let the parent application control which iview was visible. Can anybody provide me with code that could be triggered from WDA to modify the visibility of the iview it is embedded in? Ideally there would also be a way to collapse a column on the portal page. Alternatively, if anyone knows of a way to trigger a navigation from WDA that would navigate from one iview to another but leave the rest of the portal page alone, I could work with that too.

Hopefully I am just missing it, but I can't seem to exert enough control of the portal page from the WDA portal integration API. I have some hope that once HTML islands becomes available I can make things work using that, but even that may be limited unless WDA gets modified so it can be used inside an html island, thus allowing communication between parent application from one system with child application from another.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as well as any insight on if HTML islands will work in the way I am describing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know, your requirement is not possible to realize. One of the option what you might consider worth to investigate

1. embed a URL iView in the page and refer the WDA URL to it dynamically. You need to explore the dynamic part here.

2.You can try to leverage the application integration (customer exit ), write a simple application integrator which would return the iView pcd path based on your requirement.

This is just an idea, i am not even sure if this is possible and realizable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I have the same requirement, but unfortunately I couldn't find a solution myself or on SDN by posting couple of weeks ago. So thought this isn't possible if child component is also developed with WDA and wanted to see switching to BSP instead.

Here is my approach..

If child component is developed in BSP then parent component developed in WDA call's it using iframe as an URL, which is decided at runtime. This approach really don't use Portal concepts, but if your already on portal then javascript within BSP (where this BSP would be called from you parent WDA using suspend/ resume plugs) to fetch the portal location of the corresponding child iviews to pass the same for iframe.

This is still my theory, which I will be experimenting. Thought this might be something of helpful to you.

Note - As embedding WDA within another WDA using iframe isn't best practice as it should always be via component usage, BSP was the only alternative I had in mind.

Regards,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

I learned that never any iview should be embeded into a WD. So discard the below sentence from my earlier post...

"but if your already on portal then javascript within BSP (where this BSP would be called from you parent WDA using suspend/ resume plugs) to fetch the portal location of the corresponding child iviews to pass the same for iframe."

Regards,

Kalyan.