cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Query Designer Filter Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating query, I am able to restrict characteristics using variables in characteristic restriction section. But when I save this set of char/variables as global filter, I can save filter globally, but at the same time in the query designer I am able to see the characteristics appering twice. (once in filter with variable restriction & then outside the global filter but in same section). When I try to remove the char from lower section, system removes it from filter also.

That concludes filter is being saved correctly (i checked in planning modeller). But i dont know how and why char. are appering twice in query designer. It is not stopping me for using query in VC, WAD, but i am wondering how come characteristic entry is coming twice, once as part of global filter and one outside global filter.

Has anybody faced similar kind of scenario. If yes, can anybody pl explain.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In bi 7 , rows in filter there r two sections again charecterstic restriction & default values.If u place any char in rows it will automatically comes in defult values, by restrict some fixed vales in default values u can retrict the output of entire query.charecterstic restriction is nothing but exactly filter in bw.if u remove value or varible form default values it automatically removed from rows also.if u remove value or varible form charecterstic restriction it willn't removed from rows.

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard functionality. Any characteristic added to the Characteristic Restrictions, Free Characteristics, Rows or Columns, will be added to the Default Selection window. You could have InfoObject X. InfoObject has many hundreds of different data values, but in my report I only ever want to analyze the data values where InfoObject X is equal to A, B or C. However, I may also want the default filter to be set to value A. This means that report users could filter by any of the values A, B or C but not any more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functionality of default filter is ok. My issue is different.

Eg., I have only one characteristics and I want to filter it by some variable. I drag and drop that characteristics in char. restriction area. Even at same time it comes in default filter, that ok.

Now I restrict characteristic with some variable in char. restriction area. I am able to see one char. restricted with one variable. till this point its fine. Now when I save this as global filter, automatically system is saving this filter. (One paper like icon and filter name) I can see my filter at info provider level also. That means, filter is saved correctly. Now Immediately, as soon as I save the filter, I am able to see the same characteristics in char. restriction area, Just below the filter, which is already having same char restricted with variable.

In other words, in char. restriction area I am able to see three things. First Global Filter name.. Its ok, Second Char. restricted with variable within this filter.. that is also ok.. Third Same char (which is restricted in global filter) without any variable. Note : The global filter has - and + like symbols. If I collaps filter It hides the char restricted with variable, but in the exact same panel I am able to see same char without variable. I will try to update screen shot once i access my system.

Regards,

Vinay