cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitments in network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have defined a Order Type that is a Network (has been defined with Order category 20). Whe assign some Networks to a WBS Element.

When we make a purchase requisiton to a WBS Element we can see in the transaction S_ALR_87013542 - By Cost Element -> Actual/Commitment/Total/Plan in CO Area Currency that the commitment appear, however when we make a PO to the same WBS Element, the commitment does not appear. The cost appears then when we execute theMIGO, it appears as actual cost

I have chequed the customizing of the WBS Element and I can't see where active the commitment management for WBS Element. In the OKKP the commitment management and Projects are active, why we can't see the commitments when we make the PO?

I have seen as well that in Tcode KOAO the Order category that are 20 ( Network ) do not have the flag to activate the commitment mamagement, does it have something to do with out problem?, because when we make the purchase requisiton to a WBS Element, we can see the commitment...

Thank you veru much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try running CJEN for that project. Also try running RKANBU01 and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have run the transaction CJEN and appear the message: u201CNo value category could be determined for cost elementu201D.

Does it has something to do with the fact that commitments are not appearing?. I have done some test using report S_ALR_87013542, and here are the results:

u2022 If we create a Material Purchase Requisition the commitment do not appear in the report.

u2022 If we create a Material Purchase Order the commitment do not appear in the report.

u2022 If we do the post of a material PO (Tcode MIGO) the actual cost appears in the report.

u2022 If we create a Purchase Requisition for an Ext. Processing Activity the commitment appears in the report.

u2022 If we create a Purchase Order for an Ext. Processing Activity the commitment is updated in the report.

u2022 If we enter the invoice of the Purchase Order for an Ext. Processing Activity (Tcode MIRO) actual cost does not appear in the report.

Could be a G/L Account determination problem?

Could anyone lend a hand?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'If we create a Material Purchase Requisition the commitment do not appear in the report'- commitment to appear in report you need to maintain account which is an cost element. So, for material it will depend on which account assignment category do you use. If material for storage(eg category=blank) then commitment wouldn't appear, if F(with specifying IO and gl account which cost element then would )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to search the forum for queries similar to your issue. I am sure there are a lot of threads that can help you solve this issue.

Meanwhile you can check your value category customizing. That should solve your issue. Also check OPI2 if you have suppressed any CE or CE groups.

Regards,

Gokul

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check from your MM / FI consultants that in OBYC setting correct cost elements are maintained in GBB and VBR.

All PS reports are cost elemnts based reports and if values not store in cpst elements then they will not appear in the reports.

Manitaine your cost elements in GBB and VBR and then check if values are apeearing in the report or not.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem has been solved creating the stock balance G/L account as Statistical cost element.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in Table RPSCO whether the following values are available against your Project.

Value Type 21 - for PR commitments

Value Type 22 - for PO commitments

If these values are available in RPSCO then check your value category settings, whether you have selected any CE / CE group as suppressed.

Tnx.

Abdul

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many threads available which handles Commitment problem, search for those first.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many threads available which handles Commitment problem, search for those first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is cost element exist in PO?And which item category in PO?