Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM01 - Limit locking to specific transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a fairly new SAP Basis Admin and have been tasked with the following:

"Hi Joe

For finite scheduling we need Gary R and Mike D to have access to lock certain transactions and see what users are using those transactions. Can we therefore add the following to the Finite scheduling profile:

1) SM01 u2013 Lock Transactions. Can you see if they can be limited to Transactions CJ20n and CN25?

2) SM04 u2013 User list

Thanks and Regards

Alan"

Item 2 is easy enough to add to the single role. My question is how do I perform item 1? The "finite scheduling" role is assigned a very limited number of personnel, however we don't want to grant them full access to SM01. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Joe

3 REPLIES 3

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SM01 does not have that level of granularity. You can create a custom transaction which will allow user to lock/unlock only subset of transactions and it will reuse SM01.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

That's the consensus that I'm getting on this subject. Thank you very much for your time and response!

-Joe

0 Kudos

What you could also add is only locking those tcodes which are not used anywhere by other code which is functionally the same, then let only those be locked.

The list will ne quite short and the effort not worth it...

It is also very error prone.

Cheers,

Julius