Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deal with stuck message

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

there are several messages are stuck now, I have clicked "unlock" button it via MSQ2 but didnt have any effect, and I tried to click "restart" button via the SXMB_MONI then prompted a error information that "You cannot restart XML message XXXXXX with this status/type".

I have checked via message monitoring in RWB, the message's status is successful.

I found message status is successful but outbound status is green flag via SXMB_MONI. BTW, the QoS is EO.

Plz help me work out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Try to check the queues, by going to T-code, smq1 and smq2 .

It might be that messages are getting stuck in the queues.

If that is the case then you can check my answer in the below thread as to how to go about the problem :--

Regards,

Rohit

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

glad to see you again here.

refered to the link you supplied again, I got some confusions described as below.

You need to register and activate the queue by using T-Code SXMB_ADM.

Also check if ithe queue is unlocked.

By using the transaction SMQ2 you can reset the queue's status.

You have to go to SXMB_ADM. Then click manage Queues and you have to dergister all the queues. After doing this you need to go to SMQ2 and you have to actiavte the queues.

After all this try to re-register the queues in SXMB_ADM ..

1. if there is certain order about doing the actions( register / deregister / activation )?

2. how to reset the queue's status in SMQ2? I think maybe the approach is merely to click the "unlock" or "active" button without any more actions? if its true, then what is the difference between unlock and activation?

3. how to check if the queue is unlocked? nothing to be done except selecting the queue and clicking the "unlock" button for unlocking the queue?if I should click the "active" button after clicking "unlock" button in SMQ2?

Thanks.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

1. if there is certain order about doing the actions( register / deregister / activation )?

>>>>> yes there is an order. If the queue is already registered , you can activate it, or you an deregister it and again register it and then activate it. If its deristered, you need to register it first and then activate it.

2. how to reset the queue's status in SMQ2? I think maybe the approach is merely to click the "unlock" or "active" button without any more actions? if its true, then what is the difference between unlock and activation?

>>>>>> Yes to reset the queue's status,you have to unlock it and activate it.

Sometimes it happens that the queue gets locked due to some error in the process,you then have to unlock the queue.

Activation is like once you have changed the status you need it to be reflected everywhere, to make the change operational same as we do with abap progrmas you need to activate them then only the changes are reflected in the execution, same is the case with queues.

3. how to check if the queue is unlocked? nothing to be done except selecting the queue and clicking the "unlock" button for unlocking the queue?if I should click the "active" button after clicking "unlock" button in SMQ2?

>>>>> You get an icon in the tool bar of a lock ,its status tells u whether the queue is locked or not.

Yeah, to unlock u only need to click the unlock button ,

Yes you have to click the activate button once you have unlocked the queue.

Regards,

Rohit

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I really appreciate for your answer.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Brian

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian Luo

Can you please let us know what is the scenarios you are working with and also the error messages from SMQ2 tcode. Few tips which will work if the messages are stuck not becasue of system error are:

1. Locking and unlocking of queue.

2. Activation of queue.

3. Restarting the messages from SXMB_MONI.

4. I faced this issue in my Dev Server. Registering the Queues in SXMB_ADM has resolved the issue. You can try this.

If these are IDoc scenarios and the logs from SMQ2 says "System Error" then you need to check for your ALE settings. Delete these messages and retrigger the IDocs from SAP ECC.

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PhaniKumar,

the scenario adopt ccBPM, there are 3 interface, one is FTP sender, one is RFC receivers,the other one is FTP receiver.

first, XI get input from the FTP, and pass it to RFC, then RFC will return output to XI, finnally XI transmit it to FTP.

I dont know if the way to get the error messages from SMQ2 tcode is right. I only found the queue 's status is "SYSFAIL" on the status field via SMQ2, while I clicked the queue then got two kinds of info for the messages on the statustext field, they are "Permanent error in BPE inbound processing" and "Transaction recorded".

I have done that you advice, but dont have effect.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also review the BLOG below

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Goto SMQ2, check for the reason why it failed on the error text. Then try to solve that error and Unlock the Queue--refresh it

Regards

Seshagiri

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Do you see error in PI-SMQ2 ?

if you use idoc scenerio, perhaps something is wrong on ERP side. please check it in WE05

Kind Regards

Maciej

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

I got "SYSFAIL" info for the queue on the status field , while I clicked the queue then got two kind of info for the messages on the statustext field they are "Permanent error in BPE inbound processing" and "Transaction recorded".

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Brian

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

The message failed in BPE. Open the tcode: sxmb_moni_bpe and execute - 'Diagnosis Processes with Errors', then select the 'Monitoring Period' and execute. You can see the failed work items. Select your work item and open the 'Work flow log (F9)'.

In the next screen, under the 'View: WF Chronicle tab', you can see the error (e.g., Mapping). Just click on the error and a new screen opens. Select the 3rd tab - 'Available Objects'. Under Available objects, you will have an object 'Process objects'. Expand it and you will find two items - i) Workflow & ii) Trace. Click on the Trace (click on the spectacles push button under Display column).

Now you will be able to see the exact error why the message got failed. Fix it.

If the message failed due to some temp issues. just restart the workflow i.e., after opening sxmb_moni_bpe and finding the failed work items, just select your work item and click on 'Restart workflow' button or Shift+F8.

Hope this helps.

Br,

SaiGanesh

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SaiGanesh,

its unlucky to not found the failed message that I specified in sxmb_moni_bpe.

FYI, I searched on the SXMSPMAST table for the ID of the failed message and got two records after I typed the ID of the failed message, one's MSGSTATE is 3 , MSGTYPE is A, PID is CENTRAL and QOSMODE is EO, the other one's MSGSTATE is 29 , MSGTYPE is A and PID is PE_ADAPTER and QOSMODE is EO.

Thanks for yor effort.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you advise what is the current status of the message? Go to SE16, search on the SXMSPMAST table for the ID of the failed message. There, please let us know the value of the MSGSTATE field.

regards,

Lucas

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

I have gotten the current status of the message, but got two records while I typed the ID of the failed message, one's MSGSTATE is 3 , MSGTYPE is A, PID is CENTRAL and QOSMODE is EO, the other one's MSGSTATE is 29 , MSGTYPE is A and PID is PE_ADAPTER and QOSMODE is EO.

of course ,I have refered to /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically before.

Thanks for you answer.

Regards,

Brian

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

What is the outbound protocol that you are using? Also, can you please let us know what is the error that is displayed in SMQ2?

This will help us in analysing the issue.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

plz tell me how to find out the error in SMQ2 ? I only found the queue 's status is "SYSFAIL" on the status field via SMQ2, while I clicked the queue then got two kinds of info for the messages on the statustext field, they are "Permanent error in BPE inbound processing" and "Transaction recorded".

the scenario adopt ccBPM, there are 3 interface, one is FTP sender, one is RFC receivers,the other one is FTP receiver.

first, XI get input from the FTP, and pass it to RFC, then RFC will return output to XI, finnally XI transmit it to FTP.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Brian

Edited by: brian Luo on Apr 6, 2011 12:58 PM

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

The error "Permanent error in BPE inbound processing" could be for various reasons. you might have to further investigate it. Other message "Transaction recorded" only indicates that the message is stuck in queue as the previous message has failed. This is not an error.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

brian_luo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I know it will be stuck in the queue as the QoS mode is EOIO and predecessor has failed.

But according to what you said, if the subsequent messages still will be stuck as the QoS mode is EO and predecessor has failed.

Thanks.

Regards,

Brian