cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error .....Sales Area!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts i am getting an error related to sales area while creating an order.

I am giving detailed explanation of the complete implemenataion setup please let me know from where the error is generating.

Sales org-cis1

Distribution channels -CI and cp

divsion- cr & cp

I made sales area setup for these i.e

1. CIS1 CI CR

2. CIS CI CP

3. CIS CP CP

4. CIS CP CR

i have created a sales document for sales order i.e CIOR and assigned it to the all sales areas given above in sales document header.

I have created a material for sales area CIS1 CP CP

I have created a customer for sales area CIS1 CP CP .

Also done the setting in Define Common Distribution channel & Division .

Now when i am making a sales order and as soon as i enter the customer and hit enter it throws an error "sales area not defined "

can anyone please tell me where i am making mistake ??

thanks & Regards-

abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts you will be amazed to know that problem got solved when i extended that customer for all sales areas . i had created the customer for CIS1 CP CP and also creating order for the same area but it was not accepting . recently i extended the customer for all sales areas and now it is letting me create the sales order . amazing reaction by the system .!!!!!!!

Can anybody let me know the reason i am still looking for the logic behind this .

Regards-

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of u for taking initiative but as I have metioned in the question that I have done all these setting still it is throwing error . by d way in this scenario what should i enter in Ref Dis channel and Ref division .

Regards-

abhi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is purely business decision. In your case, you can keep CP and CP as reference division and DC.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva Ram ji

I have done the same setting here in this area . It means problem is some where else. If problem was in VOR1 , VOR2 It wont let me create customer . for area CIS1 CP CP.

Regards-

abhi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide the message details completely? Did you check the sales order has been assigned to all the possible sales areas in SPRO->Sales and distribution ->sales->sales document->sales document header->assign sales area to sales document types->assign sales order types for permitted sales area?

Note that when ever you made any changes in the configuration/master data, try to create a new sales order (/nVA01). Don't use the same screen.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kidnly check if you have extended the customer to your sales area

Regards

Suvin

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have made entries in VOR1 and VOR2. Also check whether the customer master is created in the correct sales area. Normally, you can find the reason, by just double-clicking on the message or by clicking on the question mark in the message window.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain the reference sales organization in OVAO

also the distribution channel and division in OVAM and OVAN

check

regards

Prashanth