cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB Systemcopy different versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding Maxdb and systemcopy.

We have an ECC 6.00 EHP4 System with latest MaxDB 7.8.0.1.20. The system was installed with Maxdb 7.7 and then upgrade to 7.8.

Now I want to perform a homogenous system copy with backup/restore method to a completly new system via sapinst.

Problem: SAPINST is not able to directly install the Maxdb Version 7.8. I can only use the maxdb software 7.7 which is delivered with the installation media.

Unfortunately maxdb doesn't support a database restore in a lower version than the source system.

How can I fix this?

Is there an intermediate step between maxdb installation via sapinst and the database restore?

Maybe we have to use the Installation Media of Netweaver 7.0 EHP2 which is delivered with maxdb 7.8.01.14 ? But the then we will have Kernel 7.20 ... and we have to downgrade the kernel to have the same state as on the source system.

There is a better way to get this target I hope ;o)

Would be very nice if someone can share his/her experience.

Thanks a lot!

BR,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

1. Please see SAP Note No. 1469675 for the spesific steps to perform a homogenous system copy with backup/restore method to a completly new system via sapinst.

2. In case of further questions I recommend to create the SAP message to check/discuss your migration progect in details.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

thanks!

Exactly what I searched for.

BR

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

unfortunately I have another problem now.

The MaxDB Installation and Restore was successful. But now I want to install the SAP CI. Distributed Installation but the CI is on the same host as the database, but we're installing with different virtual hostnames.

When SAPINST tries to check the database connection I get the error.

WARNING[E] 2011-04-07 11:57:24.895 [iaxabactorext.cpp:465]

CIaSdbActorExt::sdbSessionExecute_impl

MDB-07001 No action defined for actor.

WARNING[E] 2011-04-07 11:57:24.896

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

The dbmcli call for action GET_DB_STATE failed. SOLUTION: Check the logfile XCMDOUT.LOG.

Seems sapinst is not able to handle that.

The dbmlic call is successfully when I trigger it from the console.

Do you have any idea?

BR,

Andreas

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I think you posted another issue in the same thread.

After closing the thread after getting answer on the question please create another thread for the new questions or problems you will have on your system to run the procedure-steps.

Concerning the posted last issue in this thread, please have a look at note 1459528 which describes the similar issue. This

note refers to note 1463509 where the solution steps are given.

If the notes will not help you => create the SAP message.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not solved