Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving batch jobs to Tivoli

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are currently in a process of scheduling the batch job from Tivoli system.

The basis team provided the Tivoli team all the batch job name and its details like program name , variant and time data from the SAP system. The Tivoli team already scheduled the job from Tivoli in quality environment. Now after some days they ask that most of the jobs are running fine but some were not running its showing in ready status. Now they ask the basis team to investigate. to investigate the job why its not running from Tivoli is that a basis work , if yes then from where we got the details.

What is the main concept of running batch job from tivoli i mean how its run from tivoli ...whats the impact in SAP system....any help will be much appreciable.

Regards,

Jituda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know about Tivoli but I'd assume they use the same interface as others (like the SAP provided Redwood Cronacle/CPS).

Check in SM37 whether you see the jobs there and check the logs of the failed jobs.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check note 517672 Target Server not recognized with Tivoli Workload

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also not sure how Tivoli works, but I believe all these external Job Managers should be working the same way. I know about CA JobTrac, which has a component in SAP. The external system invokes a RFC to the SAP system with the program name & variant, and the SAP plug-in of the same, creates a Job in SM37.

Your Tivoli team is right, since the Job has been created in SM37, there is not much for them to do. Please check the logs and check status to investigate further on why is it in Ready status.

Regards,

Sanujit