cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM Services - When creating DC in NWDS always vendor "sap.com"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

As suggested here () I've managed to setup the CM Services in NW CE 7.30 (I'm NOT using CTS, so stand-alone dev. config)

Problem is, after importing this in the NWDS (works), and when trying to create new DC's, the namespace is set default to sap.com and cannot be changed. Then I get an error that I cannot create projects in the sap.com - domain. So I cannot create new DC projects.

I've created my own product in the SLD in my company's namespace, so the SC where I'm trying to create the DC's in is NOT in sap.com namespace, but my company's namespace.

Did anyone else have this problem and know a solution?

Did I do the setup wrong or is there something wrong with the NWDS?

Remark: I am able to create DC's in my LocalDevelopment (and set my namespace freely here)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, when deploying it, it shows up in my "deployment list" (in NWDS) as if it is in namespace "sap.com", which is not really desired (although not a blocking issue).

So I will repose my first question, does anybody know how to work around this issue?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vandousselaere,

When you are working in NWDI empowered landscape, you have a very nice options in SLD that allows you to control the Development Component (DC) names that you will be creating in your Developer studio.

This concept is called as Name Reservations.

So, if you have defined a Name Prefix in the SLD, then in your Track inside developer studio you can only create DCs that start with the Name Prefix that you have defined in Name Reservations.

To Create the Name Reservations, pelase go through the bellow mentioned procedure...

Please open the below mentioned URL.

http://<host>:<port>/sld

Check if the Naming Service enabled or not?

If it is not enabled then you should not get this error.

Assuming it is enabled then...

Goto,

1) Name Reservations >> Name Prefixes >> Development Component Name

2) Here, you will be able to see all the allowed names for DC creation.

3) You can also create a new name prefix that you desire (e.g. abc.com/test)

4) Once, you have added the desired Prefix in the Name reservations.

5) Open the CMS Web UI from following URL...

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI/Cms

6) Goto,

Landscape Configurator >> Select Any Track inside "Tracks" Table >> Domain Data >> Click "Change" Button >> Click "Update CMS button"

7) In NWDS remove your previously loaded development configurations >> Import the same development Configurations once again and now try creating a new DC. It will reflect the same vendor name that you have defined in the SLD Name Reservations.

This should resolve your issue.

Let me know about the results.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

this works!

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vandousselaere,

As per above comment, You need to define the custom name prefix in the NWDI SLD that will appear in the vendor field.

Go to http://host:port/devinf >> SLD

BR, Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you select:

"Support component:" NONE

you can advance to the next screen and there you can set your namespace.

Strange though that it is unselectable in the first screen!!