cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1 and WNDI configuration configure more than one track

0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm trying to configure more than one track from NWDI in MII but in NWDI Configuration from MII we have to setup only a specific track (field Development Configuration Name).

How can I setup more tracks?

I really need this because we need to distribute different products to different plants.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you accomplish the same result using different projects for the different applications/plants?

Regards,

Mike

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll write what I understood it all to arrive at a single thought.
From what I understand the MII can use only one track.
In our case, we do not know if like other customers, we use the same track multiple projects for the MII.
Our group of developers wish they had one tracks for each project, and so they were independent, but this is not possible in MII.
Based on this suggestion I read this forum would be to use a single track and create SCs for each project, or would such a single main track "MII_CUST" and several SCs ("SCs A", "B SCs", "SCs C "and so forth).

That would be the best practice?
Does anyone know any note or documentation that talks about this subject?

Currently we are using MII 12.2 SP04.

thank you
Daniel

0 Kudos

I really apreciate your answer Mike and Ranga.

But I still have the problem about project restriction and it isn't in NWDI side.

How can we restrict the access of developer A, working on project A, in project B granted to developer B?

Can we do it in MII workbench or by user roles?

ranga_manthena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We really cannot restrict Developers specific to projects with the available MII UME actions. We cannot even either do it through NWDI content management, because when you do a NWDI configuration through MII Menu you provide a generetic NWDI user ID or password, so it is the same for all the MII developers who logged into the system.

I hope I answered your question.

Regards,

Ranga Manthena

0 Kudos

Hi Mike.

I've understood we only can have one track in MII.

So continuing in the another question. Do you have a documentation or a link to it where I can see how configure projects access? I didn't find it.

Pedro de Paula

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will have to bow out as I know little enough about NWDI and nothing about tracks.

Sorry,

Mike

ranga_manthena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

As you know MII workbench can only point to one development track at a time. If you have more than one project in your MII work bench create one software component(SC) for each project under the same track in NWDI. When you share a existing new project the dropdown will list you all the avialble software components, so you can select the right SC. As a best practice it is recomended to create a SC with the same MII project name so it helps developer to select the software component.

Thanks,

Ranga Manthena

0 Kudos

Another question with the same reason.

Is possible to separate access to each project by profiles?

We don't want a developers group accessing projects from another group.

Thanks

Pedro de Paula

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I am by no means an expert on NWDI, but as I understand it, you control access by project.

So by controlling the project access, you should be able keep the different groups from stepping on each other's projects.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Sorry Michael.

I've understood, but now I got what you say.

I'll verify your explanation and back soon.

Thanks for all.

Pedro de Paula

0 Kudos

Hi Michael.

We don't need the same result for each plant.

We have different customers in each plant asking different products. Sometimes can be similar but not always.

We have a central landscape with DEV, QUA and PRD. And few others PRDs in each plant supplied by central PRD.

Is something like that. The transaction XPTO for plant01 can't go to plant03.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try this again. Can you create a separate project for each plant and accomplish the same goal?

Or create a separate project for each different product or application and then deliver one or more project to each plant?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Apr 5, 2011 5:21 PM