cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice number ranges exhausted

0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now we are using Invoice number ranges with Num key 19 which starts from 0090000000 to 0094999999. In the next couple of months this series may exhaust, hence we wanted to increase the range.

Can you please suggest how do i go about this.

Regards,

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto VN01 and increase the fields TO values as required by you.

Instead of 0094999999 change it to 0096999999

before that check the number range should not be overlapped

regards

Prashanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

For the invoices which are still open, we decided to cancel and re-create. So that it will pickup the new number range series.

0 Kudos

thank you. Finally our company decided to use a new number range key (example - 20). And i have changes in all the billing types from 19 to 20. Additional requirement in our company is we maintain the same number range even for accounting document. Now parallely our finance team has changed by FBN1.

But now the major problem is : what will happen to all my open invoices which is not released to accounting and having the old number range. If i see the list in VFX3 we have around 500 invoices.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jagadish

0 Kudos

Hi,

How about the num key 19. I cannot create a new num key, because most of the enhnacments we have the num key hard coded. Also i cannot change the lower limit following is the error message "Lower limit can only be changed during initial entry"

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jagadish,

what i have understood from your problem is that, your current number range is 0090000000 to 0094999999 and you want to change it to something like 0100000000 to 0199999999, means you don't want to extend your TO limit to 0099999999 from 0094999999.

you can achieve it by two way.

1. you can create new number key say 20 with desired number range and change the assignment in billing document accordingly through VOFA

2. if you don't want to change the number key then first you need to change the current number to '0' then only system will allow you to change lower limit otherwise system will give the error message "Lower limit can only be changed during initial entry". after changing the current number to '0' change the lower limit first and then upper limit. But, you need to take care that while you are doing this changes nobody is creating new invoices.

Thanks,

Ritesh