cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict BADI, BBP_AUTHORITY_CHECK for Approval through Work Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented BADI, BBP_AUTHORITY_CHECK to perform additional checks while performing some actions on PO. It is working fine.

But the issue is, whenever we are trying to approve a PO, this implementation is triggered and an error message is returned due to authorization issue. Is there any way to restrict processing of this implementation when called from Approval option of Work Item tab? I mean I do not want to perform the additional checks when we are approving a PO and I want these to be triggered only when called from PO creation or change.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Phani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used the BAdI, BBP_WF_LIST to filter the PO's that the user is not authorized to perform any action

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to check some system parameters in your BADI implementation, such as sy-ucomm, sy-tcode, etc to go through or by-pass your authority check logics. But be aware that sy-ucomm and sy-tcode checks are only valid pre-SRM7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, you are correct, the usage of system variables was valied only before SRM-7.0. Is there any possibility of using post exit in the webdynpro component?

Regards,

Phani