cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP unbeliveably slow after ORACLE offline reorg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last weekend I made ORACLE reorg on my TST system using sap note: 646681.

DB ver: 10.0.2.0

SAP ver over 7.0

SYS: SuSe

Allthough reorg took some time - it finished without any errors. SAP was closed the whole time, only ORACLE was started.

After reorg I ran stats to update ORACLE. When started SAP was started: Listener - ORACLE - SAP - everything seemed OK - no errorlogs. When connecting to SAP - TST - everything is acting utimately slow...

(Resolved: When I ran ORACLE DB check / check was ok / no errors, when ran System check , brtools gave error: aspTST.ora creation from spfileTST.ora failed , ORA-27046: file size is not a multiple of logical block size / could this be the reason of slow SAP??? )

(Or could the cause of slow SAP be the reason of corrupt indexes??? Brtools shows many indexes on PSAPSR3 tablespace when doing stats update but when selecting from menu to show indexes, the outcome is 0 - if yes, then how to proceed further???)

Any ideas?

Edited by: Kristjan T on Apr 5, 2011 1:46 PM

Edited by: Kristjan T on Apr 5, 2011 1:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

best option would be to restore and reorg properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to isolate the issue. What is slow after reorg. Does connection is slow?? or transactions are running slow?

And what time it is slow. Is it slow consistently or at some time like peak hours or so. Try to give more information after any major change.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection is fine - transactions run slow. Sadly but consistently.

Network is not the issue... I have been thinking that it may be the indexes issue...

After reorg they have become lost or scrumbled...

I'll try to recreate them thru DB02 if iäll ever get into SAP....

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your DB stats are out of date.

run UpdateStats in DB13. This should fix your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use transactions SE14 and DB02 display inconsistencies..

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stats are up to date - what has happened is that all indexes both primary and secondary have not been created... Took me 1 hour to get to DB02 :S

Any faster way to rebuild ABAP DB indexes?