cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change warning to error message when trip date overlap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I want to make warning message to error message when trip date overlap. example trip 1 -> 01.01.2011 - 10.01.2011. trip 2 05.01.2011 - 15.01.2011. In SAP standard delivery system give me warning message but still can be saved. I have tried to change feature TRVPA - WRC become 0 or 1 and trip schema - uncheck overlapping allowed. But the result still the same, warning >_<

Anyone can help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the following nodes to get the error message instead of Warning message.

Travel Management -> Travel Expenses -> Dialog and travel expense control -> Dialog control -> Define schema and individual field control.

In the above, select the trip schema and unselect the Box Overlapping of trips.

Once the tick is removed, the system wont allow you to create another travel request for the same dates or in between the dates of the existing dates.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I had already configured schema as you suggested and also the feature of TRVPA - WRC but still trip can be overlapped. Maybe other customizing that I miss?

Best Regards

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is nothing to do with the feature TRVPA. If you untick the overlapping of trips in the trip schema will be enough. Apart from the node I said earlier, please check on the below one also.

Travel Management -> Employee Self Services -> Interface configuration for web dynpro interface in travel management -> Schema and single field control for web dynpro.

Untick the overlapping of trips in the above node also.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

The table is same, so i have already done that.

0 Kudos

Hi David

If this still isnt working, are you trying this for travel request or travel expenses...?

It is permitted to have overlapping travel request submitted as long as there is no expense report linked to a travel request it is

possible to create a further request that overlaps with the first one.

This system behaviour is generally correct as during the planning phase of a trip it should be possible to create overlapping trips.

For expense report, generally how it works is that you get a warning message when entering the dates but error when actually saving the expense report.

Last point - if you still find error with all settings in IMG and in TRVPA for WRC setting, there is an OSS note released for error in WD Java - 1529006 but should be no issue in backend and WD ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally, as an addition to David's question, you mention that at the request level, trips are allowed to overlap. Is there a specific BADI we could use to stop overlapping of trips at the request level? I looked into PL schema and the option to tick/untick overlapping is not available, but the business wants to prevent overlapping even at the request stage.

Thanks,

Jinny

0 Kudos

Hi Jinny

There is no BAdI provided for this and the only way you can prevent overlapping travel requests at request level is to modify the following includes;

FITP_GET_VALUE, TRIP_WISH_CHECK_OVERLAP and CHECK_OVERLAP.

Hope it helps!