cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Documents in Maintenance Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could we attach the documents(Word doc etc) in a work order and notification?

If yes how it can be done?

Thanks,

Sanjay Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

It is generally best to do as the others have recommended, PRT on Operation for Work Order, or directly to Notification as DMS item. DMS allows for better control of documents and repetitive linking if necessary, good for material and document structures too.

Objects for Services (GOS) is good as a quick link, but can be quite frustrating with lots of data, these files will be stored inside SAP indexes.

There are add-ons available for making this linking simpler, even collecting and printing PM documents with attachments.

If you would like to discuss some ideas, feel free to click my contact name next to my post to get in touch with me.

Good luck,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the order/notification in cahnge mode. Go the icon services for object (in the left corner beside the " change order..........)

from there select "create" and do it as per your requirement.

Using DMS and attach documents as PRTs is another way.

Best Regards

Kannan G

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

You can attach word documents in Notifications and Orders in Object Services.

If you have DMS then you can activate the same for Notifications & extra tab would appear in it.

In case of DMS you cannot have it directly in Orders but you can attach documents as PRT's for operations.

Regards,

MLN Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

whenever i want to go for strategy based plan, whenever maintenance order is generated.

i ve to see the documents which is relevant for that particular maintenance work and operations. how to see the technical drawings . cad drawings.

how to attach these documents in the maintenance order . how to dms logic. i m very new to this topic. kindly explain.

regards

vinoth.d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If you use DMS you can create a object link between the notification and the document (standard). If you have a object link to Equipment or Fuctional location you will get a butttom in the notification/order to reach the allocated documents to Eq/FL.

BR/Håkan

Edited by: Hakan Anderberg on Apr 5, 2011 12:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

How to create the object link?