cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance monitor, and other ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-... hotkeys disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a system with Netweaver 7.01 sp6 that has the performance monitor working. So pressing ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-P does trigger the display of the small performance information panel.

Trying the same on other systems with Netweaver 7.01 sp7 just does ... nothing. Even the ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-H hotkey does not work.

Has anyone experienced the same behaviour? Could that be an effect of note 1451251?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is the effect of the note 1451251. Start the WD_TRACE_TOOL transaction and enable the performance monitor.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Yes, it is the effect of the note 1451251. Start the WD_TRACE_TOOL transaction and enable the performance monitor.

Are you sure about that? It don't believe that this note disables the performance monitor hotkeys. I dont' see anything in the note that would indicate that. The WD Trace Tool and the Performance Monitor are separate tools.

Although you can also trigger the performance monitor from the WD_TRACE_TOOL, I don't believe that this note or SP7 disables the hotkeys. I've tested on some internal SAP systems with these levels and the hotkeys still work.

I would make sure that on the 7.01 SP7 system that Lightspeed rendering hasn't been disabled either globally or for this one application. Disabling Lightspeed would remove support for any hotkeys/keyboard combinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After enabling the Performance monitor with WD_TRACE_TOOL, the informational panel is there again.

In Rendering I see: UR Lightspeed so I guess it is enabled, however the hotkeys are still not working.

But really, as long as there is a way to activate it, i's ok.

I was just a bit worried that SAP would have killed this nice feature just after I discovered it in the [Takeaways from Mastering SAP Technologies 2011|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/24046] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I have been using this ctrlshiftp , since we installed sp7 it is not working any more. Note 1451251 suggest that we can enable the trace and monitoring using WD_TRACE_TOOL. Though it is not directly mentioned about the Performance tool, i have started the tool and see that enable performance check box available. On switching it , it works. So my conclusion was that this is to do with SP7.

The point is that it was working and it is not working in SP7.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I wonder if it is actually an unrelated bug that causes the hotkey to stop working. I went into a 7.01 SP7 system and a 7.02 SP7 (acutally newer than 7.01 SP7) and in both systems I'm able to do the keyboard shortcut to activate the performance monitor without having to activate it first in WD_TRACE_TOOL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried it in 2 systems. One with 7.01 Sp0006 and one with 7.01sp0007.

7.01 Sp006 is working

7.01 sp0007 is not working.

How do we find where the problem is , especially when you say it is working for you , i am curious what might be the reason for us not working.

Answers (0)