cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up an action on a single tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to execute an action when the user clicks on a single tab. But there's no entry for events or actions in tab properties, just in tabstrip properties.....

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The event is on tabstrip is onSelect, there are no events defined for Tabs but you can always make use of the event available for TabStrip.

in the event handler you can get the tab name which is clicked using

wdevent->get_string( 'TAB' ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, exactly what I needed!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write code method for OnSelect event for tabStrip. Use case statement to identify the selected Tab and write code under it.

The TabStrip UI element supports only one event having the name Select (property onSelect). This event is triggered if the user clicks on one of the tabs or if the user selects a menu entry from the navigation menu. This event is not triggered, if the user navigates to the previous / next tab by clicking on the appropriate icon in the right upper corner of the TabStrip. In the related action handler method the following informations can be extracted from the interface parameter WDEVENT:

The table WDEVENTu2192PARAMETERS contains the id of the TabStrip (NAME = ID). The id of the last selected tab is provided by the parameter OLD_TAB. The id of the tab the user has clicked on is provided by the parameter TAB.

Regards

Shaira