Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI elements and MIME objects are not rendered properly in the portal

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a webdynpro ABAP application in SAP NetWeaver 7.1. and integrated the same in the portal. The application contains radio buttons + MIME objects.

When I launch the application from SE80, the UI elements and MIME objects are rendered properly. But if try to launch the application from the portal, the MIME object is not displayed and also the radio button is not rendered properly. In the sense there is a small rectangle box displayed around the radio button. And also if I perform any action in the WDA, a rectangle border is displayed around the entire application. Did anybody else faced the same problem? any solution for the same?

Best Regards,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is really more of a portal problem. When WDA applications run in the Portal, they use the Portal MIME objects and style sheets so that they can absorbe the Portal themeing. If the WDA backend is at a higher release level than the Portal, it can be the case that the Portal MIME objects are incompatible with what the WDA system needs. In these cases you have two options. 1. Upgrade your Portal so that it is at an equal or higher release level to the WDA backend system. 2. Change the iView settings in order to force the use of backend stylesheets (therefore losing portal themeing).

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

the portal version is SAP Netweaver CE7.1 and backend is SAP Netweaver 7.1. Do you think this might be the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Saravanan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You could have a MIME mismatch. However it is also very odd to use NetWeaver CE as a primary portal. That isn't intended. The Portal within NetWeaver CE is only supposed to be a provider portal in a federated setup for the content running directly on CE. It isn't intended to be a central Portal or to host content from other sources. You should be using a NetWeaver 7.0x or 7.30 central Portal.

Is your Backend NetWeaver 7.1 or 7.01? It is very rare that any part of the Business Suite runs on NetWeaver 7.1 (only exception is a Banking solution).