cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling in RFC lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query in RFC Lookup function working with PI 7.1, file to Idoc scenario.

I am using Enhance Receiver Determination to find the dynamic recivers.Here we have used a Functional Module which gives an output according to the the input parameter (which comes from input file). thus i have used RFC lookup to the remote system to fetch this info from FM.

Problem -

When the remote system is down or if the RFC lookup attemped & exceptions raised for some reason (RFC user authority has been changed & it was not able to perform the intended Job at remote system) , the message stuck in queue and block the several other messages from another interfaces which belongs to teh same queue.

Queries-

This is not allowed in production as it affects other services.

1>how can we handle the RFC lookup exception (in case of remote system is down or if the RFC lookup exception)

2>how can we perform Local lookup at PI box rather then remote lookup (the FM fetches the data from remote system)

3>Is Value mapping is relevant in this case raher the RFC lookup ? I am not sure as the values are dynamic & selected as per the FM's output.

Please provide your valuable insight .

Thanks in advance !

-Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used a local lookup at PI server only,via maintaing the table at PI itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If you want make a RFC lookup on the PI system itself, that would also be possible. So you have the table (with receiver names) maintained on your PI box and a function module to fetch the correct value from table. Still the call from your mapping would be RFC call (not local FM call) on the PI server itself using host/port and credentials for PI system.

If you want to have some explicit handling on the RFC call, you can go back to the old method of writing UDF using accessor object of PI. That woulld give you some control over the lookup.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Answer for your 3 question.

1. RFC lookup will get execute on R/3 so if R/3 is down there no way that your RFC lookup will work as expected.

2. So if R/3 is down or RFC not able to get receiver system due to some problem.. then in that case.

On your Receiver determination at bottom

Configure u201Cif no receiver found proceed as followingu201D

In this you can have 3 option.

a. Error message u2013 if you select this the transaction will end with error message in SXMB_MONI

b. Ignore: if you select this execution will get ignored and there will not be any entry in SXMB_MONI

c. Select the following receiver. You can select this and can configured default receiver system in case if RFC not able to determine receiver then interface will get route to receiver system configured here.

3. As you mentioned values are dynamic then Value mapping doesnu2019t make any sense here. RFCl ookup is the right option and above are few other option in case you RFC lookup flailed.

Thanks,

Bhupesh