cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirement to invoiced but no shipment / reservations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Is it possible to implement the following requirement:

In some instances customers places an order and wants to receive the invoice however not the goods. (reason: eg to use up given budget)

The easy answer is, just create order -related billing, and leave the goods in the warehouse. However this would cause an audit issue as in this case the revenue will appear higher and COGS appear lower.

Basically we need to process the goods issue for the total number of the goods, however store the goods still in the system for that customer.

I investigated reservations in SAP but all documents I could find do not outline the GL posting with the movement types etc.

Has anybody implemented something like this, and if yes can you point me to some supporting documents.

Many thanks

Brigitte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand:

- goods are sold to customer -> GI has to be posted, invoice has to be created

- goods won't be shipped out but they are in your WH and later customer picks them up

I think you should post the GI as usually and the GI should trigger an GR into your WH.

Since the goods are not yours (after the GI), they should be in your WH w/o value. Basically I guess you have two options:

- store the goods under a different plant (separate valuation area) w/o value

- use split valuation and receive the goods with valuation type which has no value

You also has to solve how the non valuated goods will leave your WH when the customer picks them up.

E.g.

When GI is posted you can:

- trigger the GR automatically

- trigger the creation of a new free of charge SO (or delivery w/o order) through which you can manage the customer pick up

(At the time of GI via an output you could post the GR and create the order via IDOC)

Just an idea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create proforma invoice F5 for order related billing(so accounting posting will not happen)

once you issue goods latter then release this proforma invoice to accounting manually, so you COGS and Revenue is in line.

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thanks, that would be one option

However I am pretty sure that this will be rejected, as managment of course wants to see already the revenue, hence COGS need ot be posted and inventory reduced.

That is why I was wondering if we need to look in another in SAP.

What do you think?

Thanks