cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNSPSC codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are foreseeing use of UNSPSC codes for product categories in our project. Does anybody have experience in this? Please advise how do i go about using these codes? how do i integrate our product categories with the UNSPSC codes? Any inputs would be really helpful

thanx

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I worked on a Project to integrate UNSPSC codes to Ariba buyer for non catalogue items using Zycus .When you enter the Item description for non catalue items the tool Classifies and displays most appropriate UNSPSC code with confidence level . User can select the UNSPSC codes and continue ordering .

Regards,

James

jjjraj@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

You can find samples of UNSPSC codes on www.unspsc.org in download section.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is normally done by a third party (it requires semi-automated work), depending on the volume of your data-set. A popular vendor is Zycus Solutions.

If your data-set is not too big you can tackle it manually by assigning codes to your products according to the category descriptions (they are available for free at UNSPSC Web-site for download in PDF format).

Hope this answers your question,

Noam<a href="http://www.unspsc.org/download.aspx">UNSPSC codest download</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi

One way is to desing the material group in such fashion that resembles a tree structure .

Ex - For Generic items for material group Mgen01

MGEN01 - FIRST LEVEL CATEGORY PRODUCTS

MGEN0101 - LEVEL TWO PRODUCTS

MGEN0102 - SECOND LEVEL AND OS ON

Within Material type Generic you can have many mateial groups like MGEN02, MGEN03 and so on .

Regrds

Nimish Sheth

pls reward points for helpful answers