cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Msgs Blocked in AE with Holding Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have around 6000 msgs blocked in AE with Holding status. I checked the Conversation ID (Queue Name) of one of the msgs and searched for any msgs for this queue in System error or Waiting or Delivering or To be Delivered state. But did'nt find msgs in any other state (except Holding) for this queue. I tried resending all these msgs, they went to "To be Delivered state", and again back to Holding state. I checked the details of one of the Holding msgs and its shows below details:

Admin action: Trying to redeliver message.

Admin action: Redelivering the message failed, due to: java.lang.Exception: Message already in admin action or locked by message version editor..

What need to be done in this case to process these msgs.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

Check if there are any messages blocked by predecessor...

go to messaging system http://host:port/MessagingSystem/ and there check the EOIO Sequence Monitor...

Check if there are any messages in that tab...if exists try to process the one held...

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

I know this is a really old post. But I came across the same issue today.

"Admin action: Redelivering the message failed, due to: java.lang.Exception: Message already in admin action or locked by message version editor"
And found the real solution after scratching my head for hours.

Just Go to monitoring --- > Adapter Engine Status -- > Database locks

And delete the lock on that message ID. And then try cancelling it again.

BTW I'm on 7.3 single stack.

Hope this will help another poor soul....

thomas_exner
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

at least my poor soul 😉 🙂

Thank you

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RWB-Component Monitoring-Adapter Engine-Engine Status and there you should be able to spot the sequence of message where it is stuck. Start processing the messages in sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My Receiver Comm channel is JDBC. I have tried stopping the Receiver JDBC comm channel and tried to resend the msgs. I expected the msg to fail (with Channel Stopped error), but strangely it still remained in Holding status (after going to "To be Delivered" state for a while). I checked the msg audit log, it still shows "Admin action: Redelivering the message failed, due to: java.lang.Exception: Message already in admin action or locked by message version editor..".

Pls suggest what need to be done to allow all the holding msgs to get processed.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you checked are there any messages in State DLNG..(Delivering to the application)

if yes try to find out the reason for the same and in this case you may need to restart the server to get rid of these DLNG messages so that the messgaes in state holding will get processed....

HTH

Rajesh

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What inrofmation do You have in CC ?

Go NWA->Services and restart JDBS and MessageService.

It looks like jdbc adapter has some errors.

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

try "Lock Overview" in XI Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

What kind of comm channel you have used for this?

Regards,

Nayan