cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive mails on SBWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senseis.

I made the configuration following the steps mentioned in the sapnote 455140, now I can send mails from my saps systems to our microsoft exchange server and from there to any internet direction. The problem is that I can't receive them. I must say that my configuration is not normal, my systems (SRM, CRM, ECC, PI and BI) sends the mails to my SolMan server using the port 25, and my SolMan server send this mails (using a diferent port) using relay to our exchange server and then the exchange server send this mails to their final destinations. The problem is that I can't receive the mails to our systems and is very important 'cause we are implementing Offline Approval on SRM. Someone can help me?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Your answer was very helpful, after I read it I go with our exchange people, 3 hours and many explanations later they understand what I want and create a new rule that use an alias for the replys, and this alias redirect the mails to our SRM server. For anyone wtih a similar problem, the problem is not the configuration on SAP, is the configuration in the Exchange Server.

Thanks for all.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Your answer was very helpful, after I read it I go with our exchange people, 3 hours and many explanations later they understand what I want and create a new rule that use an alias for the replys, and this alias redirect the mails to our SRM server. For anyone wtih a similar problem, the problem is not the configuration on SAP, is the configuration in the Exchange Server.

Sorry for late reply, was not working the time you posted the question.

Good to hear you got the point; I was trying to make clear that the Exchange server need to know (by a rule) which mails should be forwarded and which ones not. That's what you did (using aliases).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus

But I can't make some kind of configuration... I don't know, inbound processing or something to forward the mail from exchange to my SAP SRM?

Thanks for your help Sensei.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the issue that you "can't receive" mails?

Note the fact, that your email addresse on Exchange and SAP must be differnet in order to enter a rule on the Exchange server to forward them to your SAP system. If they are identical the Exchange MTA will not foward them.

Markus