cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Logic and Business Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very basic question. If we develop a new screen on top of ECC using Webdynpro ABAP to replace a ECC default screen, say for an example, ME51n screen for purchase requisition to be replaced by a custom screen developed in ABAP Webdynpro, then how do we incorporate the inbuild business logic and the business rules of me51n in to this new screen developed in ABAP Webdynpro? In short, how do we incorporate business logic and rules in to ABAP Webdynpro application?

do we have to code all the logic from scratch or we can use existing logic? If we can, how.

Thank you for your help.

Shai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no shortcut for this you have to write everything from scratch, because the existing code is dialog based it will not work for a web application.

You have to build it from the scratch and you can make use of the BAPIs available for ME51

Thanks

Abhi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Totally agree that there is no easy short cut to this. In addition to looking for BAPIs, also search for Enterprise Services. You can either call the service, or often it is easier to call the underlying implementing class.

Keep in mind that both BAPIs and Enterprise Services will have all the final validation checks and logic at save time; but won't supply you with all the kinds of checks that happen within the screens as the user navigates. This is part of the challenge that SAP faces as we rewrite old transactions. Often this logic is tied up in the PBO/PAI loops of the old dynpro screens itself. It often takes us long to extract this logic and turn it into nice OO classes than it does to redesign the screens themselves.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for taking efforts to answer.

So, if I understand you all correctly, for the business logic and validations, we can use function modules, BAPI and Enterprise service. That means we do not have to rewrite existing business logic and validations from scratch, But for new screens, It will be all development which will call existing business logic and validations. Is this a true statement?

Thanks,

Shai

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Yeah you are correct. If there is any change in the screens, or new development, then you have to call the BAPIs, FM or Enterprise Services. There are lot of standard BAPIs available like BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE is used for PR creation something your ME51 tcode does.

Thanks!!

Abhinav

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

you can use the function module as it is for your logic.

but screens and all you have to design from the sctrach.

thanks

sarbjeet singh