cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Partitioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurús,

I would like to implement the partitioning table feature in our Oracle Database 10.2.0.4, and I found 2 options:

1) Using SAP Partitioning Engine, but my system haven´t the prerequisites SAP Basis Releases and Support Packages (Note 1333328)

2) Using the transaction SE14, but when I choose Activate and adjust database runs succesful, but the table doesn´t appears partitioned. (Note 742243)

So, my question is if exist any way to use the Oracle partitioning feature with my SAP version:

SAP version: ECC 6.0

Release 700

Support Package 18

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by: Facundo Grande on Apr 4, 2011 9:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm afraid that you can't use the partition because of the prerequesities.

Note 1333328:

Prerequisites for using the "SAP Partitioning Engine"

"SAP Partitioning Engine" is available as of the following SAP Basis Releases and Support Packages:

Basis 7.00 Support Package 21

Note 742243:

As of SAP_BASIS Release 700 and with Oracle 11, subpartitioning and interval partitioning are also supported; this applies specifically to the following release and Support Package levels:

SAP_BASIS 7.00 Support Package 22

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Eduardo,

I understood the first point, but on second, the prerequisites of the note are for the subpartitioning and interval partitioning, but I want to use the simple partitioning as list partitioning. So... do you say that is impossible to use a simple partitioning?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP supported way for non BI systems is the partitioning engine from note 1333328. So far it lacks support for drop/truncate partition and only supports a few tables.

But you can do the partitioning on your own, either with scripts on database side or with custom abaps. Then you can choose which table to partition and to take advantage of drop/truncate/merge/split partition. You still have support from SAP overall, but not for your custom programs and scripts.

Cheers Michael

Edited by: mho on Apr 5, 2011 8:36 AM

fixed the horrible word ordering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Michael, you have been very clear.

Thanks for your answer.

Answers (0)