cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How lock or hide URL LOCATION in a external windows WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys...

I am traying to hide or block the URL which i am using in a external window. I have coded this:

• call method lo_window_manager->create_external_window

• exporting

• url = lv_url

• modal = abap_true

• has_menubar = abap_false

• is_resizable = abap_true

• has_scrollbars = abap_true

• has_statusbar = abap_false

• has_toolbar = abap_false

• has_location = abap_false

• receiving

• window = lo_window2.

*lo_window2->open( ).

But, firstly the MODAL parameter doesn't work with external windows (It's Obsolete) So I can't use it, because I have to forbid the navigation between windows. I tried to close the main windows before open URL but it doesn't work either.(Appear a waring that you window wants to be closed) so then I used that:

lo_windows->fire_exit_url_plg(

url = lv_url " string

).

lo_windows = wd_this->get_windows_ctr( ).

lo_windows->fire_exit_close_plg(

close_window = 'X' " wdy_boolean

That is Ok BUT I can't BLOCK the URL or even HIDE it. SOMEBODY give the light.!!!!! pleaseee..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Williams,

you can block the address bar (meaning that you cannot enter or change the URL address ), by setting the has_location = abap-false.

I have tested this and it is working. You can see the url but you cannot change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

Yes, but if i use that way i have to put the windows Type MODAL (Which it is obsolete), OR at least i must to close the main windows after I have shown the second..and when you tray to do that(USING A FIRE outboung PLUG TYPE EXIT whit CLOSE_WINDOWS, like above), one message is showed(You are traing to close this windows, do you want to close it), And none of them is shown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are complexing with 2 problem with 2 options.

1. Blocking url on the external window

2. Closing the previous window.

1. parameter model is indeed obsolete, so only has location parameter would help you to block the URL and it will not work for the requirement 2.

2. When you use exit plug and navigate to new URL, your window would close but new window would not open with address bar blocked.

No solution is fitting for your both requirements.

Probably you have seen this example application WDR_TEST_EXIT_WITH_CLOSE

See if it fits in your case.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

may be you can play with javascript for fulfilling your requirement.

go to transaction SICF and there double click on your service then navigate to error pages --> logoff pages.

there write the java script to close the top window and open a new window without the location.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarbjeet singh,

Your answer has been very helpful, but I have realised that now i have to pass the URL that my code javascritp has to open, This URL is dinamyc, so I can't hardcode the javacript.. Do you have some idea how I can do that?.

Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am not sure but i think it can be done from portal easily. When the application is launched from portal, address bar will not come. Contact your portal admin for that. they just need to set 1 parameter for that in the application iView.

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor