cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentication mode: Use business objects credential mapping in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am creating a universe on sap bw,what does authentication mode: use business objects credentials mapping mean ?

Inorder to leverage sso, we import roles to bo from sap bi, thn we can use sso,

or we can specify user credentials but wat is the purpose of third authentication mode which says use bo credentails mapping mean ?

jus like we imported roles to bo, do we need to import groups from bo to BI and then use this option ????

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh, using BO credentials will only work if you have BO logins that map to specific users in SAP BW.

It may be that you wish to section the BW reporting differently to the SAP reporting or that there are specific requirements for a particular reporting area where you can in effect use an "overrule" to replace an individual's log in with one that has a wider set of access privileges for reporting purposes. Quite why you'd let them report on more than they can see in SAP, I don't know, but there you go!

It's more traditionally used in database-based universes for a variety of reasons, particularly access.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways we can set authentication to SAP BW while accessing using Universe.

1. Using unique credentials to connect to SAP BW for all users irrespective of their profile.

2. Using user credentails as login credentials to connect to SAP BW. For this option you could use "business objects credential mapping in universe" option. One thing you should remember is when you login using SAP authentication only this option works fine for SAP BW.

Regards

Gowtham

0 Kudos

As far as I know setting this option will instruct BO to use the credentials used to login into the INfoView also for establishing the conneciton with the data source. Please keep in mind that you can overwrite directly in the properties of the user in the CMC those credentials.

In a BO BW integration context this option is not really relevant. Usually SSO is used.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stratos