cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control Engine (ACE) on SAP CRM 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all SAP experts out there!

We are currently planning to set up an SAP system landscape including SAP CRM 5.0 on Netweaver 2004s. We shall integrate legacy systems using XI.

We are facing the following scneario:

XI by default logs on to SAP systems (i.e. to SAP CRM) using a service user with administrator rights.

Following question:

Is CRM's ACE able to check authorizations for specific different users in such a case?

1.: Service user logs in to CRM (administrator rights)

2.: ACE is PROVIDED WITH user information (e.g. user name) which is NOT the user which actually logged in

Hope I made myself clear and that somebody out there can help me.

Best regards and thx in advance

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Although you posted your question really long ago, I will attempt answering your question.

If I understand your scenario correctly, you want to logon with a certain service user and have the authorisation rules applied as if it was a different ('real') user.

By standard this is not possible as far as I know; you can influence the way the ACE tables are build up by changing the methods, but there is no way (by standard SAP) to influence the check in runtime.

However by modifying some code you can surely do so. E.g. by determining the exact position of the calls to the ACE function modules you could modify the coding around these calls.

Best regards,

Boris