cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot execute sapevt.exe on a Windows platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for some reason I cannot get the sapevt.exe program to raise an event in SAP when running on a Windows platform. The command line I'm using is :

D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapevt.exe event=EVENT_NAME -t2 name=<SID> pf=D:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL

It doesn't write an dev.evt trace file either. Also I'm using inside a VB script.

I can raise the event from within SAP Tcode SM62 and it runs fine in a Unix environment with slightly different parameters of course

Anybody help please.

I've looked at notes 802172 and others and tried all the suggestions within.

Thanks

Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It's possible that the path defined does not match the path that is actually defined on the file system. Double check that it is correct or have your administrator confirm.

Regards.

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have the following command defined in SM69 that works on our Windows-based SAP systems:

Operating system command = sapevt

Parameters for operating system command = ? -p ? -t pf=$/DIR_INSTALL/\profile\default.pfl

Additional Parameters Allowed is checked

What not try and define that and then trigger it inside SAP itself? It might clue you in as to what the issue might be. The input parameters are the event name and then any additional parameters when triggering the event.

Brian