Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enter bid as response to bid invitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SRM 5.5 classic scenario.

I am trying to activate bidding functionality but at the moment i am facing some issues with creation of bids.

I have defined bid invitation and bid transaction types and number ranges. The bid invitation transaction type is defined as

BUS2200 Bid Invitation-> EBP Bid Invitation , where in Transaction Types of Follow-On Documents I have put bid transaction type.

I managed to create bid invitations but after that when I try to enter a bid response to an invitation an error message is generated saying that transaction type is not define and the bid invitation end that is reached, which is not the case.

I am using a test user authorized to use transaction bbp_quot and with defined partner function as a contact person of the vendor.

Is there something specific in determination of Bid and Bid invitation transaction types? I have follow all instructions but it seems that system can not recognize bid transaction type.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Desislava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

where in Transaction Types of Follow-On Documents I have put bid transaction type

Have you defined transaction type for Bid Response (Supplier Quote), i.e. BUS2202?

You don't have to define follow-on documents for your Bid Invitation type. Instead, you should define a transaction type for BUS2202.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have also defined BUS2202. Initially I tried without follow on document but again receive the same error.

Regards,

Desislava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check the no. range assignment that is existing between the define no. range and deifne transaction type.

Check the following link:

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set up internal number range BI for Bid invitations BUS2200 and after that I have created internal number range BD for QUOts BUS2202.

For transaction type BUS2200 (bid invitation) I have set transaction type of follow on documents as follow:

Trans Cat/ Trans. Type/Subsequent Obj. type/Follow up Transaction type

BUS2200/ BID / bus2202 / QUOT

In transaction type BUS2202 I have entered the number range BD(which was defined as number range for local bids)

In the provided link, is said that the internal/external number range set in BUS2202, should be the same as the internal/external number range of BUS2200 - bid invitations.

I performed the changes accordingly, but receive the same error.

Anyway, thanks for the suggested links.

Regards,

Desislava

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the provided link, is said that the internal/external number range set in BUS2202, should be the same as the internal/external number range of BUS2200 - bid invitations.

I don't see the truth in doing this. You should probably have two different Internal number ranges for BUS22000 and BUS2202 respectively. What exactly is the error message? Are you able to get to the message type and message class of the error messages? Is the error referring to the Bid Invitation or Bid Response(Bid)? Did you try to execute the bid creation through SAP GUI or ITS UI (web browser)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem:

Bid invitation transaction type has several options - I have activated Bid invitation because I told is general and valid for all, but later on I dis activate it and activate Bid Invitation (RFQ). And managed to create quotation.

Thanks you for your answers.

Regards, Desislava

Edited by: Desislava Slavcheva on Apr 5, 2011 5:17 PM