cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CIN SD how to use tax codes in sales order not for purchase?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is anybody able to explain to me, how i can use tax codes in my sales process. There are many entries, where it is written how to use it in MM/for purchase. But what are the steps to use tax codes in Sales Orders??? I think i can use it through access sequences, but how to customize that?

Thank you very much for answering my question.

Best regards,

Conrad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as i know there is no need to configure any Tax codes if you are using the TAXINN procedure.

For all tax condition types just maintain a dummy tax code.

GL accounts in SD for Taxes are determined through the account keys assigned in pricing procedure

Explore in FTXP

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

thank you for answering. i tried to use the condition type JEXT with the account key EXD. This is the standard one. I would like to use it in TAXINN but i can not use the account Key EXD. Do i have to fill in TAXINN all my Excise Duty condition Types of the Pricing Procedure JINFAC, JINEXP, JINDEP?

I thought i can simplify my life with the excise duty, by using different access sequences to determine what percentage the system has to use. For purchase it was "easy" to use this tax code. So i wanted to use that one again for sales.

Best Regards,

Conrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do i have to fill in TAXINN all my Excise Duty condition Types of the Pricing Procedure JINFAC, JINEXP, JINDEP?

I thought i can simplify my life with the excise duty, by using different access sequences to determine what percentage the system has to use. For purchase it was "easy" to use this tax code. So i wanted to use that one again for sales.

Not required.

You can define and assign a new access sequence for your condition type JEXT.

Maintain the required % of excise duty.

regards

Prashanth

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Conrad,

If you are using TAXINN procedure, Tax Code is maintain in Condition Record for Tax Condition Types (e.g. JEXT in your case).

Also go to T-code FTXP & enter country as IN.

Select any Tax Code & press enter.

In the following screen, There is a feild for Tax Type. Here you see either V (Input Tax) or A (Output Tax).

This is nothing but V = Purchase Tax & A = Sales tax.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

i just put my Tax Code (A1) into the Condition Record for JEXP with the Key Combination Country/State/Customer Classif.1/Material Classif.1. I putted in all the Taxcategories in OVK1/2/3/4 made all entries in Customer Master and Material Master and i get the Kondition with the right value. But I try to get this Condition Type JEXP through the Key Combination: Country/Tax Code into my Pricing. Where do i have to maintain the Tax Code to see it in my Sales Order? Or what are the steps i have to do?

Thank you for any answer i appreciate all of your help.

Best Regards,

Conrad

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Conrad

Thank you for your appreciaton.

Now, as you said "i just put my Tax Code (A1) into the Condition Record for JEXP with the Key Combination"

This means that while creating Sales Order, in the Condition (Pricing) Tab you can see the JEXP Condition with necessary rate & Amount.

Double click on this JEXP condition & system will take to to you another (Condition Details) screen. Here you can see all the Condition details including the Tax Code (A1).

Similarly while creating the Invoice, double click on JEXP condition & you will see the Tax Code in Condition Details.

When you post this Invoice to Accounts & see Accounting Entry, you will see the Tax Code against the Tax Amount.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jingesh,

thank you for that explanation. I am able to see that A1 Tax Code :). But this Tax Code has no influence for my Excise Invoice/Exise rates, isnt it?

When i try to put in the Key Combination: Country/Tax Code, my Tax Code A1 or A2, then it shows up an error message: Object Tax Code not provided with charackteristic A1 or A2. What does that mean? I think this Tax Codes are not influencing my selection of tax percentages. I´d like to have it as an access sequence requirement something like that. that is my problem...

In the example above, it was the selection of liable or not and their combination but no influence of an the tax code, cause we are writing it down to the Sales Order with this Condition Record.

The next problem i am facing is, that i do not see my exise duty inside my excise invoice. i customized the "account determination", i maintained Excise Defaults and i do not ticked the statistik marker inside the pricing procedure... i got that one

Still it is a hard thing this CIN.

Again thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Conrad

Edited by: CDolff on Apr 5, 2011 3:39 PM

Answers (0)