Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode - Smartform is generating same size of strips in Barcode

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am trying to print barcode using smartforms on 4.6C. I had already refered SAP note 645158 and created a barcode using 'C128_B'.

Strips of barcode generated are of same size in print preview and print both.

While making any change to the barcode 'C128B' w.r.t. the thickness or height, the changes get reflected in the output.

I had also checked about the print controls of the output device type to which i am trying to get the output.

Please let me know if something is missed out by me here.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether it is Floating or positioned.

Please make it as floating

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudessh,

I didn't get you..!!

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the new barcode technolgy, the print controls are not important. You just need to create a ne System barcide via transaction SE73 and select that it should be created with the New Barcode Technology. Make sure you have the suppport pack level and kernel patch level specified in SAP note #430887.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thankx for your reply.

I had already created a new barcode by SE73 using new barcode technology.

As recommended in the SAP note 430887, about Kernel and Support Pack Levels

"Release 4.6C/4.6D: 4.6D kernel patch level 1615

SAP Basis component: 46C SAPKB46C45 ".

This system has kernel patch level as 2513 and support pack 55 (SAPKA46C55) ; so there is no issue even with the basis setup.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Which device type are you using to create the spool? what is the result if you create the spool and print via windows and a windows device type like SAPWIN? Certain device types are not supported for the New Barcode Technology. e.g. Device types for line printers like EPESCP9 are not supported.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I am trying to print on Zebra Label Printer (Thermal Printer) using Device Type 'LB_ZEB Zebra label printer IBM850'.

Whereas , i think there might be no problem with the device type.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Device type LB_ZEB is normally used with sapscript and a third party label program to design the label with the method described in SAP note #179534. The new barcode technology cannot be used with sapscript as per note #645158. Device type LB_ZEB should not be used with smartforms.

Try to create a spool via a smartform and device type LZEB2 as described in SAP note #750002. This should work.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidn,

I regret to provide you incorrect information, actually i am already using 'LZEB2' as device types.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

It is printing in similar fashion on SAPWIN device type also.

Regards,

Anmol Saxena.