cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerns regarding E-rec Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am going to install E-recruitment system on ECC 6.0 (EHP-4). Please tell after installation do we need to

upgrade the patch level or we can direct add-on E-rec through saint.

As i have requirement of E-rec portal as well and i am new to it. Request you tell what is the processor to

install E-rec portal or do we install SAP Portal with EP,EP core, java etc then deploy some packages.

Please help me out with this

With Regards

Rishav Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

While downloading the SAP dump from the following path:-

My Computer's Application Components->My Company's Software->SAP ERP->SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE

There are two options EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 and EHP4 SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01.

What is the difference beteween both.

does it means dual stack implementation is possible?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it does not means that dual stack installation is possible. ERP 6.0 EHP4/NW 7.01 option is used where you have dual stack ECC 6.0 system.

I would suggest you to read How to install EHP4 and Technical FAQ for EHP4 guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp. By reading these guides, you can clear all your doubts.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Thansk for your answer.

But i have got one system for E-rec abap as well as portal. Our OS is AIX and database is DB2.

Please suggest should we install both the stack onto one system.

Please tell me the link where to download the ECC dump for e-rec and after installation EHP.installler and

upgrade packages.

With Regards

Rishav Sharma

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no option to install dual stack system in EHP4 systems.

If you want then you can install dual stack system as ECC 6.0 and then upgrade it to EHP4 level. Also, I recommend you to install both system separately because of performance reasons.

Also, please check installation guide to get all details about installation media and all. Check on link http://service.sap.com/swdc

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Thanks for your comments.

First, i have to nstall dual stack it means it is supposed to be an options to install dual stack on ECC dump?

Second, we upgrade ECC EHP 4 the way we upgrade SAP ECC 6.0 (7.0) with spam and saint or

Is there any other method to upgrade the system to the ehp 4 level?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From Business Suite 7 system there is no option to install Dual stack system. So, you have to installed AS ABAP and As Java system as separate system with different SID.

For upgrade to EHP4 you need to use EHPi tool Request you to please check installation and upgrade guide.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you will start the installation of ECC 6.0 EHP4 system then first EHP4 Ready system will be installed then you need to upgrade it to EHP4 level. ECC system by default contains the E-rec add-on. So, during upgrade you need to include E-rec packages as well so that it will also be upgraded to 604 level.

As far as portal is concerned then install portal with EP, EP core and As Java usage type then after installation install E-rec packages on it.

Thanks

Sunny