cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Calendar UI' which will display current month's calendar in one line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to create a calendar in following way. Here I have to display calendar of current month for the employee. The entire month detail has to appear in one line. In fact it is needed for Leave Overview iView.

Manager needs to view the Leave details of all employees working in his department

1                 2                  3              4           5         6                 7              8            9               10   11     12     13     14     15  16 17 18 19  20 21  22 23  24  25  26  27  28  29 30 31
   Mon    Tues    Wed    Thurs   Friday  Sat            Sun 
Smith   
Marteen
Thomas

I am not sure how to do it? Do we have any ready made UI element which we can use. I can see Date navigator. However it

displays the calendar in 4 rows.

Please help.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Looking at your requirement, I don't think standard Date Navigator can help you. You have to create a Table in a view with the number of columns equals to the no. of days in the month selected.

First Column will be your Employee Name and rest columns will be yours Month Days. Now you can fill the cells based on your business logic and manager can see the leave overview for employees.

Regards

Abhinav

Edited by: Abhinav Sharma on Apr 4, 2011 4:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav, Experts

Thanks. The design of my RFC will be like this:

1) Input Org Unit, Month, Year

2) Output

Pernr (datatype number 😎

Name (datatype string)

Day1 (datatype string)

Day2 (datatype string)

Day3 (datatype string)

Day4 (datatype string)

Day29 (datatype string)

Day30 (datatype string)

Day31 (datatype string)

3) The default value Day1, Day2 etc will be null

4) I will find out Leave Details. If Leave has been approved for say Day5 then I will populate Day5 = 'AP'.

5) I will write another logic to make the color of cell as 'Green' for Day5.

6) In Feb 2011, there are 28 days. There will be another logic to make the Day29, Day30, Day31 invisible for months like Feb 2011.

Please let me know if this approach is correct.

Please also let me know how to display day i.e. 01.04.2011 is Friday. In Calendar I have to display

1.4.2011  2.4.2011   3.4.2011
                 Friday      Saturday   Sunday
Smith
Tony

I did small Proof of Concept. The table does not look good although displays the information.

Please help.

Regards,

Gary

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I think the approach is correct. And to find out the day for a particular date, there is a funnction module - DATE_COMPUTE_DAY.

You can pass the date and it will return the no. If you pass date 01.04.2011. it will return 5 which means Friday. So you can build the logic on that.

Regards

Abhinav

Answers (0)