SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Cost Settlement Without Budget Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have implemented Funds Management for cost center budget checking and everything is fine so far.

However, recently we have identified that system does not check budget when WBS cost is settled to a cost center. This is Actual Settlement, whereby cost is transferred from WBS to cost center. We want system to restrict such settlements unless budget is available on cost center.

Regards,

Hanif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif, the online documentation for Integration with Cost and Project Controlling, clarifies your issue

"....Periodic postings that result from programs such as assessment or settlement are only assigned values; however, no check is carried out by the active availability control. This means that these postings will be permitted even if sufficient budget is not available. You must use manual budget transfers to correct any budget deficits that result. To display the budget deficits, you can run the program to Display Budget Deficits for Expenditures in the Annual Budget (RFFMAV03X). "

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Cesar

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you need to activate CO-FM integration, IMG-PSM-Funds Management Government--Integration/Update-Integration-integration of Cost and Project Controlling with Funds Management

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the input. I made integration configuration for "All Transactions" and activated the "Co-FM" integration but behaviour of system remains same. I am still able to settle cost from WBS to Cost Center.

It seems that these settings only provide budget check for internal cost transfer activities of CO module only. It does not have any affect on cost of WBS which is settled from PS to CO module.

Any other thoughts or am I making some wrong settings?

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi. Should work.

Check FM doc, generated during settlement, is it ok? I mean it'd to trigger error message for budget?

Also reconstruct AVC with FMAVCR01.

Hope you set check box Budget assigned in table V_FMCOVR

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, verify the data flow of this settltment document in terms of FM addresses. The point is that there is no budget on the cost centre, as you mentioned it, but rather on the relevant FM object that is derived based on this info. So, make sure that the FM document created is assigned to the relvant FM address.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your support. I have noted the following things:

1. Check FM Doc - no trigger for error message

2. Reconstructed AVC using FMBV (since we are using Former Budgeting) - still no affect

3. Budget Assigned check in table V_FMCOVR is also SET

It still allows settelment without error although it picks up correct FM Objects for whihc AVC is ON. When I try to post directly using FB50 it does give budget exceed error message.

You are right that these setting should work but I am unable to figure the reason for no budget check. please assist.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

@ Eli:

Yes, the budget is checked on relevant FM object which is picked by system as maintianed in FMDERIVE. I have double checked that there is ZERO budget on funds center it should give error message like it is giving while posting directly thru FB50.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi.

Check if Activity groups 50 assigned to you FM ares/Budget profile in OF20.

0 Kudos

Yes, I have assigned ++ (All Activity Groups) agianst Budget Profile.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi, seems customizing is ok, then write a message to sap

0 Kudos

Is your WBS settlement cost element a 30/3 commitment item? If your internal order settlement behaves fine in AVC, change WBS settlement rule to use the same settlement CE and see what happens.

Also check your sender funds center and recever funds center. If they are the same or they belong to the same AVC control object, then there will be no message.

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif, the online documentation for Integration with Cost and Project Controlling, clarifies your issue

"....Periodic postings that result from programs such as assessment or settlement are only assigned values; however, no check is carried out by the active availability control. This means that these postings will be permitted even if sufficient budget is not available. You must use manual budget transfers to correct any budget deficits that result. To display the budget deficits, you can run the program to Display Budget Deficits for Expenditures in the Annual Budget (RFFMAV03X). "

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Cesar

0 Kudos

Hi Minghong,

Thanks alot for your assistance, in fact all point that you identified are OK.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Thanks you for the very appropriate answer and identifying the relevant SAP source documentation.

Although, this shows inconsistency in system's behavior as I am unable to grasp the logic behind this. After all active contols in place, manual entires to corret budget deficits seems a joke... anyways this is SAP fact... so ENJOY SAP

Again, thanks alot for your support.

Regards,

Hanif

0 Kudos

Hi, Muhammad!

Kindly let me know - have you solved your issue with FM AVC for WBS-element Settlement?

I'm facing the same problem now. Would like to have a suitable solution.

Regards,

Oleg Tolstashov