SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget period in EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, gurus!

The EHP4 is installed on my SAP ERP 6.0 system.

But I can't see any customizing items to activate the Budget Period acoount assignment element.

I've found an entry on some of SAP-related forums that says that the EA-FS and EA-FIN activation is needed. Unfortunatelly I can't find this information in any of SAP Notes or release documents. Can you please help me with it?

BR,

Mikhail.

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Please, check that note 1298992 is implemented in your system. Also, verify that PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 function is active (SFW5); there is no need in EA-FIN extension to my knwoledge.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eli!

Can I be 100% sure that there is no need to activate neither EA-FS, nor EA-FIN for using new features of PSM-FMwith EHP4 (e.g. Budgeting Period)?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say so... Both these extensions have nothing to do with 'Budget period' function.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mikhail,

The activation that is needed is EA-PS but not EA-FS nor EA-FIN. And of course Business function PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1 in transaction SFW5.

Budget Period is a funds management functionality and the add-on for PSM-FM is EA-PS only that´s why the other ones are not necessary to be implemented (in case you dont use it).

Please also read the following notes:

1294015 Budget Period known issues

1295928 Budget period in CO: EHP4 Customizing missing or incorrect

1171176 Use of new PSM dimension 'Budget Period' in CO for EHP4

1321906 Use of new PSM dimension 'Budget Period' in CO for EHP5

1237918 Database adjustments in Enhancement Pack 4 upgrade

I believe that this will help you to understand better budget period functionality.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Vanessa!

I've activated BF PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1. Now it's shown "switched on" in SFW5.

But the budget period is still missing in: SPRO - > Public Sector Management u2014> General Settings for Public Sector Management u2014> Basic Setting: Account Assignment Elements u2014> Activate Account Assignment Elements.

What should I do more to enable customizing of budget beriod?

BTW, the Note "1294015 Budget Period known issues" mentioned above is unavailable now: " The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only"

0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry perhaps it is a too obvious question: Do you mean that the flag for Budget period activation is not visible in SPRO - > Public Sector Management u2014> General Settings for Public Sector Management u2014> Basic Setting: Account Assignment Elements u2014> Activate Account Assignment Elements.

What other elements are visible and active in such IMG activity in your system?

and...after making changes in SFW5, did you log off and on again from the system?

thanks!

kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi, Mar!

1. Yes, the flag for Budget period activation is not visible in SPRO - > Public Sector Management u2014> General Settings for Public Sector Management u2014> Basic Setting: Account Assignment Elements u2014> Activate Account Assignment Elements.

2. Visible: Fund, Functional area, Grant, Funded programm.

Active: Fund, Functional area, Funded programm.

3. Yes, I've loged off and on several times, but it didn't help.

Thanks.

BR,

Mikhail

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm very sorry. I have tried to figure out the reason why by looking into an SAP standard system without success.

If you still have this problem, maybe an OSS Support ticket would be a good idea, so that we can login and check. sorry...

kind regards

Mar