cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Value in xml giving strange symbol in IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When an blank value is coming in the xml file... Its passing a * symbol to the idoc.. But my mapping is simple one-one mapping..

why is this happening

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a blank value in xml usually the field is not created in IDOC.

Are you using any other function in your mapping or it is pure one-to-one mapping?

Secondly is this std idoc or z-idoc? If it is z-idoc then it may be somethign in the function module code from where this default value will be coming into idoc field. Check the results in MONI as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in moni the payload is normal.. Its just a blank field of idoc..But in r/3 its showing some symbol

and mapping is pure one-one

Edited by: prabhas465 on Apr 4, 2011 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it seems your R/3 system is not unicode enabled. Check with your BASIS team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhas ,

As I have told you in my previous reply that if in moni you are finding the blank then it is a encoding issue . Just check in IDOC Communication channel what RFC destination you have maintianed and then in PI system itself check that RFC destination(sm59) go to MDMP& encoding TAB and make it ias unicode if it is non unicode .

Reply,

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhas ,

It should not happen ideally . Just check first in SXMB_MONI transaction in the payload after mapping (Technical Routing) and check wether the mapping output is blank or * if its blank here then its not a PI system issue .You have to once check the encoding in ECC check the receiver RFC destination and make the encoding as UNICODE if it is non unicode . Hope it should resolve the issue .

Regards,

Saurabh