cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset: Period control Rule (OA84) & Maintainance of Period Control (OAVH)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone explain more on the functionality of OA84 and OAVH? And in which scenarios those are used?....... Is it true that OA84 is used normally when Fiscal Year Variant is Year Dependent and FYV of FI as well as AA is same. Whereas OAVH is used when FYV of FI and AA are different ??

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

Just replied you following info in another thread:

OAVH is used to determine the relationship between posting intervals and periods in the given fiscal year version. The assignment entries in OAVH have to be changed in the following cases:

u2022 You use period control rules you defined yourself.

u2022 You change the definition of the periods in the fiscal year version in Financial Accounting.

As you noticed, case you use a year-dependent fiscal year variant, then you have to perform OA84 to generate period controls properly.

For more information, you can refer to IMG documentation in following IMG menu path:

IMG: Asset Accounting -> Depreciation -> Valuation Methods -> Period Control -> Define Calender Assignments (OAVH) / Generate Period Controls (OA84)

Best regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Thanks for providing explanation.

I red the documentation and understood the purpose of OAVH.

as a last part regarding Period Control I want to ask one question with example. Please explain the meaning of following Callender Assignment. My logic will get more clear.

(Our is a Year Dependent fiscal year with 12 periods, each for one month from Jan. to Dec.)

Example:

FYV - Prd Ctrl- Name of Prd. ctrl - Year - Month - Day - Period

XY - 02 - Pro rata at period start date u2013 2011 u2013 1 u2013 15 - 0

XY - 02 - Pro rata at period start date u2013 2011 u2013 2 u2013 14 - 1

XY - 02 - Pro rata at period start date u2013 2011 u2013 12 u2013 15 u2013 11

XY - 02 - Pro rata at period start date u2013 2011 u2013 12 u2013 31 - 12

(According to my understanding in 1st case above: if asset transaction is posted in the first month till 15th day, then depreciation should be considered from beginning of the posting month. Where as in 4th case: if asset transaction is posted in the 12th month till 31st day, then depreciation should be considered in the 12th period of Fiscal year.)

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Nilesh

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

In 1st case above: if asset transaction is posted in the first month till 15th day, then depreciation should be considered from beginning of the posting month.

-> Correct

Where as in 4th case: if asset transaction is posted in the 12th month till 31st day, then depreciation should be considered in the 12th period of Fiscal year.

-> Correct

Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Thanks a lot for showing patience and support.

My idea is now clear. ...:)

Hope to here from you again for next queries of mine.

Regards,

Nilesh

Answers (0)