Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Information Value Issue at SRM-MDM Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are implementing Standard SRM-MDM.

At repository Level:

In my Standard SRM-MDM Catalog repository I have two qualified tables(price & contract) both this tables contain lookup fields at main table(Price Information>price & contract Price>contract).

At OCI Configuration:

In my OCI mapping I have used standard mapping and i have not changed any mapping at my OCI mapping level, But in all the views i have added this two fields(Price Information & Contract price).

At catalog Side:

In my SRM-MDM Catalog at portal side, i can able to see the list of records at catalog side. now In "price information" field the amount field value of (price) qualified table is displayed as link and when i click on that particular link, it is used to show the both (price & contract) qualified tables as list.

Actuall problem:

First case:

when i check Contract Qualified table record under price information field of different records and click on the compare button , it is showing comparision between the two records and it's contract qualified table values and at compare view the value of Price information field and Total price is same

Second Case

When I check Price qualified table records under price information field of different records and click on the compare button, it is showing comparisiong between the two records and at compare view the values of Price information field and total price field is different.

Wrong perform:

That means : price information field at compare view it is picking the value of amount field value of contract qualified table and total price field is picking the value from amount field of price qualified table. it should not happen like this.

Need to perform as:

In second case the price information field at compare view, it has to take value from amount field of price qualified table. but not from the amount field of contract qualified table.

Note: Could you please let me know, what is the actuall functionality about it and also any solution on the above issue will be rewarded in points.

Thanks

Bharat

Edited by: C BHARAT on Apr 3, 2011 9:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barat.

1. The compare view has only one column termed as "Price Information" which is said to be either Contract price/ List Price/Purchase Info record price based on the selection of the user from the list view.

2. The "Total Price" will have the same value of "Price Information" in the compare view and it varies when the quantity gets incremented.

3. The order in which the price is listed in catalog is like Contract-. Then Purchase Info Record-> Then List Price., so based on this order it displays the values in the Catalog UI. So by selecting the right price from the list view will show the same in the compare view also (Note: Make sure you have both the price fields configured in the compare view)

If you have not taken the latest version check with SAP if they have released any new patches with the fixes for the Prices in compare view. If you are not able to identify, raise a message to SAP.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

In the compare view the price information field will pick the value from either Contract/Price (qualified tables) it's based on our selection.

In compare view.. it will just show the price information and total price, according to my understanding in compare view, it won't calculate based on quantity and price, this functionality will be done only at Cart preview view.

Actual Issue:

At MDM side:

I have two qualified tables (contract & price)

Main table Lookup Qualified fields(Price Information & Contract Price).

At OCI mapping - Compare view:

I have selected Price Information & Contract price fields along with other fields.

At Catalog UI side:

It will display the list of catalog and price information is one of the field in that catalog. and value of the price information field appeared as link. when i click on that it will open two sub records which shows the details of both qualified tables(Price & contract)

First Case:

When i checked or selected contracts on two different records and click on compare button.now at compare view.. the price information and total price values are same (both fields picks the value from price qualified table)

Second Case:

when i checked or selected prices on two different records and click on compare button, now at compare view.. the price information field gets the value from contract qualified table and total price field picks value from price qualified table. But actually both fields price information & total price should pick value from price qualified table in this case.

Please let me know, if you feel any difficulty in understanding the issue, if you want any clarification at any point please let me know.

Thanks

Bharat

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat.

I got your issue. The application should not behave like this and looks like a bug from the catalog in terms of picking up the price and displaying it in Compare View. You can raise a message with SAP mentioning the same.

Just for your information:

1. Once you are in the compare view try changing the quantity from the default(1) and click "Enter". Verify the Total Price. Does it remains same?

2. Also try to remove "Price Information" for compare view and list view and try to launch the catalog. Now compare 2 records check how compare view reacts to it.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I have changed quantity in compare view and pressed "Enter" the total quantity is changing.. working fine.

But actually issue was still exists, not solved.

In View at OCI :

If i select any one field either price information or contract price, it is working fine.. if select both fields at views and checked at catalog ui compare, again same problem exists.

Thanks

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats against the rules of this forum ...

upload it somewhere .. maybe a blog here in sdn

and insert the link here

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Kanstantsin : am not sure what/why are you suggesting ?? are you ??

hes talking abt a SRM MDM scenario ! not a MDM data modelling exercise

if you modify the schema for price - are you aware of the implications it would have ??

thanks

-Adrivit

BTW : the compare hes talking abt is in the catalog UI not in DM !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

not clear - explain with data - examples

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

Can you please provide your email id, so that i will forward my issue with screen shots. It is difficult to explain with data about the issue.

Thanks

Bharat