cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically SFC start when NC log recorded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we use NC500 activity with new or in queue status SFC, it seems to make start the SFC automatically.

Doesn't ME allow to log NC to not started SFC? I think that's possible case in customer manufacturing.

Otherwise, is there any setting to allow log NC without start SFC?

Best Regards,

Takahiro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of these were considerations in the decision to auto-start the SFC in NC.

The main reason is the last one in Sergey's list: Dispositioning is designed to work mostly with Active SFCs. This is especially true when using router scripting to disposition the SFC to the next step.

0 Kudos

Takahiro,

In fact, it was possible in previous releases but seems to have been changed. However, Standalone Failure Tracking client does still allow that.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

I've confirmed that it seems to be taken as a basic behaviour for 5.2 or even earlier. There is no rules to turn it on/off. So, you can consider SFT client as a workaround.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Sergiy-san,

Thanks for your information.

Based on your advice, we confirm 2 cases in ME 5.2 SP04 Patch 5. (Because of customer's version.)

(1.1) Use Standalone Failure Tracking activity (NC540). When we log NC with NC code A which has COMMENT data type.

=> In this time, the SFC logged NC is kept as "new" status, as you said.

(1.2) Use SFT and try to log NC which has DEFECT_COUNT data type. (As you know, NC500 activity allows to handle partial NC logging. So, we try to use it with SFT in order to keep the SFC as new/in queue status.)

=> But it's not possible to handle partial NC.

I guess the reason why is that NC540 activity doesn't have ALLOW_PARTIAL activity.

Is there any NC logging solution to allow both of to partial scrap and to keep SFC status as "new" or "in queue" status?

That's our customer want to do when they loss some of SFC during 2 operations.

We already develop custom functionality without automatic starting for mobile device. But some of users need this function by SAP ME original GUI.

Your kind information will be really appreciated.

Best Regards,

Takahiro

0 Kudos

Takahiro-san,

Unfortunately, SFT client does not perform partial scrap as you have already observed. As I know, partial scrap was implemented only as add-on to Log NC from POD so that you will not find standalone activity for that.

So, maybe you need to consider using SFC Split activity.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, Sergiy

Thanks for your information.

BTW, can you tell us the reason why current NC500 activity make SFC start automatically?

Our customer needs partial scrap during the SFC is new or in queue status. However, they can't understand why the activity need to start SFC.

Best Regards,

Takahiro

0 Kudos

Takahiro-san,

That's the way how Product Management decided to implement the functionality. I can only guess as to the reason but I would say the following to justify such decision:

- per the process at shop floor, non-conformance checks are usually carred out at some separate steps/operations/whatever but it is unlikely to be done sporadically at any place or point between operations (router steps);

- as soon as this is an intentionally organized action and a part of production process, it is usually defined as a step of the router;

- when an operator starts some checks of SFC, it means that the operation is in progress so SFC has been started at the operation in terms of ME;

- so, it is quite logical that NC code logged is related to the opeartion/resource where SFC was started at;

- this relation is used in case of dispositions as part of SFC processing route, and missing this info could lead to undesirable results. So, I do not exclude some technical reason like this one (to ensure consistency of production data).

Regard,

Sergiy