cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue with connecting through AS2 server to PI server. Below is the scenario:

We receive different types of files from customer (EDI and Non EDI). We have maintained one configuration scenario (CS) for EDI and another one for non EDI. But there is only one Party. Two communication channels, one for EDI transactions and one for non EDI transactions.

I have configured the AS2 setup for EDI transaction and tested. It worked fine. Then I set up the AS2 configuration for Non EDI transaction. (basically two communication channels polling the same AS2 server). When I tested the setup using the stand alone tool i am getting the error as HTTP protocol error. 403 Forbidden.

It works fine if I set up the configuration for only one communication channel. Not working with both the configuration at the same time.

Is it because of two different configuration scenarios (two communincation channels) and same Party? Is there any configuration I need to set up for this scenario?

Please help.

Regards,

Vas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this design is not going work as two communinncation channel cannot poll same server at the same time!!

Now the question is how I can handle EDI and Non EDI transaction which are coming through the same server.

I need to use separate CC since for EDI i need to configure BIC module to convert the EDI to EDI XML.

Do I need to use separate CC to get the file and store it locally and use two separate file adapters to handle EDI and Non EDI transaction?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only option seems to be saving the file at some location and then pick them from there for differnt scenarios. If you go with this approach, you can use single communication channel towards AS2 sender partner. You may agree upon a message subject or AS2 Filename with your EDI partner and then based on Subject or Filename value, place the file in different directories or with different names. For this you may use Dynamic Configuration as I have explained here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/AttribMapper-AssignAS2Filename+Dynamically

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is one of the solutions for my issue.

We could not implement this solution since our customer was not ready to change any setting their end and there was no specific file naming convention... We went and used the script to identify the file whether it is a edi or non edi.. rest of the process is same!!!