cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Labels on NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve been facing a strange problem on NWDS.

The labels in my Views have disappeared. They are showed normally at runtime, but on design time I can´t see them.

The biggest problem is that the new labels that I configured, at runtime it´s written <created in > instead of the real description.

Has anyone some idea?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Try creating new labels outside the main container in the View. Apply the required texts in these label UIs. Delete the existing labels and cut-paste these new labels in their respective places.

Try if this works.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

Thanks for your reply. I´ve tried it but it didn´t work.

For any new label created on the View, after filling the Text option and pressing Enter, the description entered disappears. However, if I build and deploy it, at runtime the label description is showed as "created in ".

It´s too weird, I´ve never faced this trouble before. I also tried copying and paste the folder src in a new DC, but it doesn´t work.

Any other idea?

Thanks.

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open an OSS ticket on BC-DWB-WD-JAV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will open an OSS and I let you know when I get the response.

Thanks.

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve solved the problem (I haven´t opened the OSS). When I created the project, i set up "Brazilian Portuguese" as main project language.

I don´t know the reason, but NWDS changed the language to "Portuguese" in XLF files, so I think that is why when I created the messages in messages pool they were created as "created in ".

After some tries, I changed the XLFs files language to "Brazilian Portuguese" and everything started working fine. However, the labels on views aren´t still appearing on design time, but later I can try fixing it.

Thanks for your help and attention.

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I´ve solved the problem related to the View labels. Again, I don´t know why NWDS set up the language to portuguese (pt) once when I created the project, it was configured as Brazilian Portuguese (pt_PT).

After analysing the NWDS log, I saw that some configuration was set with portuguese (pt). I opened archive by archive and I found in ".dcdef" the language as portuguese (pt).

So I just changed to Brazilian Portuguese (pt_PT), restarted NWDS and everything started working fine. That´s it!

Thanks.

Bruno