cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic master data transfer with/without CIFIMODGEN?

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

[although this is long time ago and not formatted at all (reading hurts)|] (reading hurts): If we want the changes to the master data to be transferred in near-real time, is it necessary to make entries in table CIFIMODGEN?

Our real-time data transfer for customer master seems to work only if we have an entry in CIFIMODGEN like CUS_INS with RIMODGEN.

We don't really need to generate a new integration model, so why does the automatic transfer not happen without CIFIMODGEN entry?

RIMODINI for initial transfer works without problems.

Thanks and regards

Clemens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clemens,

It depends upon what you mean by 'changes in master data'.

If you have an existing master data integration model for, say, customers, and customer 'XXXXXX' is already contained in that model, then you can set up CFC9 to do immediate transfers of any changes to that existing customer master.

If, however, you create a new customer, and this customer is not contained in an existing model, then neither the creation event, nor any changes to that customer, will be transferred to SCM. In this case, you need to generate a new model with RIMODGEN, and then activate it with RIMODACT or RIMODAC2. This is true whether you are using immediate transfer, or change pointers.

RIMODINI seldom is necessary once your models are created and activated.

The downside of immediate changes is that mass changes in ERP can temporarily overwhelm the ability of the CIF to process updates in a timely manner, for both master data and transactional data. Using change pointers gives you the option of running the change transfer during periods of low activity (if such periods actually exist in your system). My opinion is that you should run 'immediate transfer' until/unless you get a performance problem.

CIFIMODGEN functionality is typically not needed. Description of this functionality is contained in https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1291485

Best Regards,

DB49

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy49,

thank you for the details and sorry for the lack of precision in my question: Yes, we have an active integration model and yes, I changed a customer already present in this model.

Doing an initial transfer using RIMODINI for the integration model variant, all data get transferred as expected.

If I change i.e. address data of the customer and save it, processing goes through function NDPLG_APO_001_00001321_CUS (BTE event).

Here I found a source code comment that says "... table CIFIMODGEN so if there's no matching entries in that table we don't need to do anything." The comes a SELECT SINGLE FROM CIFIMODGEN folowed by a CHECK SY-SUBRC = 0.

Without entry in CIFIMODGEN, data are not transferred to APO system. For test purposes I created a CIFIMODGEN entry for hook CUS_UPD with our integration model variant. Now data are transferred to APO system. CFC9 is set to do immediate transfers of any changes.

So I do not fully understand this situation.

Thanks for the hint regarding note 1291485 - CIFIMODGEN alternative. I will check the queue situation and probably try to use the proposal to use planned job.

I'd be happy to get further comments on CIF master data experience.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clemens

Confirm that change pointers are activated 'generally' in transaction BD61. I'm pretty sure that it is, but still want to make sure.

Can you check if the entry for CIFCUS is ticked in transaction BD50 (Change Pointers by message type). It is ticked by default, and is required for change pointers to be captured. Maybe somebody deactivated it by mistake.

Finally, check if the field you are changing is 'change relevant' in transaction BD52. Use message type CIFCUS. If the field is not change relevant, change pointers are not recorded, so changes are not transferred. You can add fields to this transaction to make them change relevant.

In my opinion, you should not need an entry in CIFIMODGEN for the scenario you described.

Rishi Menon