cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal number assignment not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating 3rd party sales and in the part where I am creating sales order I am getting this error:"Internal number assignment not defined". I have followed the forms and did everything suggested but it dint work for me.

I did create new number range internal and external and assigned them to my order type. Even then I am ending up in this error.

Please help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VN01 and maintain your own number range and give that number in the sales document type you are using for internal purpose.Make sure that you have assigned internal & external number ranges for your document type

Next you can create the sales order and then save it. you get order number.

Also check the number range for the material .once you create and save the material it will give some number.Check wheather the number is maintained properly or not for that material type.

Go to OMS2 and check the number range assigned to that material type.The error could be bcoz of this material number range also

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have copy pasted from here which under NO CIRCUMSTANCES be excused.

[Re: Internal number assignment not defined (please enter number|;

It is really regret to note being an old member and aware of forum rules, you have deviated that. Now you have to face the consequence which is nothing but your entire points will be deleted. This thread would be referred to the appropriate team who will delete your entire points.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that material type is assigned for that number range in OMS2 in which case, system will give this error.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

have u verified if no range assigned to purchase requisition.

thx

Dilip Sadh