Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Structural Authorizations and Concurrent Employment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day,

My team and I are currently investigating an issue that we are now experiencing with ESS when it comes to a concurrent employee and structural authorizations:

Scenario :

- Employee is Concurrently employed (2+ positions)

- Employee's main position has Structural Authorization profiles (needed for MSS and HCM reporting)

- Employee's second position resides outside of the Structural Authorization Profiles applied to the first position from an OM perspective.

Issue:

- ESS: When the employee goes to look at their pay advice they can only see data for their main position

- ESS: When the employee goes to look at their quota bank information they can only see data for their main position

- When we turn the SA profiles off, the employee can now see their data for both positions in their pay advice and quota bank views.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you resolve this? Is there a known way to bypass structural authorization without removing the profiles? Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day Christine,

I am not sure if this works with CE but I would give this a go:

Add one more line to structural authorisations which dynamically finds out what is the employee number assigned to the user and then returns maintenance access for that employee number and position(s) assigned to the user.

It would look something like this in OOSP:

Auth. pr. | No. | Pv |OT |Obj. Id.|Maint| Eval. P|St.V| Depth | Sign |Per| Function module

<profile> |<no>| 01 | P | empty |<tick>| P-S-O | 12 | empty |empty| D | RH_GET_PERSON_FROM_USER

Where <profile> is your structural profile name assigned to user and <no> any free sequential number.

Regards,

Saku