Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign :(Colon) to Authorization in BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to assign :(colon) to Authorization RSR_00001074 to Dimension 0CRM_SALORG.

Being new to BI , I went to transcation RSECADMIN and tried followed process:

RSECADMIN->USER->ASSIGNMENT->USER->change->Authorization->Dimension(0CRM_SALORG)->Details->Add Row->

EQ & : ->save

user worked fine but next day I checked authorization were like earlier means :(colon) was removed by one background user.

Now my issue is Am I following right process to make authorization changes. I also checked there are lot of BW jobs running with this background

So please suggest me the correct way to make authorizations changes.

Regards,

Shivam Mittal

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reading your thread, I get the impression that you use an automatic update program for your analysis objects and adding it to the user directly. Mostly these programs delete when, the program is run again the old objects and create new ones adding it again to the users. So you loose your :. If you create your own analysis object with the value you whish and add this to a role with object s_rs_auth then it will not be removed normally. When I see objects beginning with RSR_ then you have an automatic program running as I said.

have fun

bye

Jan van Roest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivvam,

I never used Colon authorizations in BI. Can you please expalin me in which situation we need to add colon in the Analysis authorizations.

Thanks,

Kumar.

0 Kudos

Hi,

look into this note. Note 1140831 Colon( authorization during query execution.

If you have a selection of data and you are not allowed for a part of it you need the :.

I missed a note, look also into this one. note 1337102

have fun

Bye

Jan van Roest

Edited by: J. van Roest on Apr 5, 2011 9:56 AM

Edited by: J. van Roest on Apr 5, 2011 10:12 AM