cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Purchasing group on PO that was released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know if we can update a purchase order that is already released. i.e.

lets say PO - 1 which was assigned to purchasing group 001 is released. what if i want to change the purchasing group to 002 on the same PO through ME23? can i change it? will the system allow me to do it? I dont have any required data in my system to create a PO and test this scenario. Can some one please do this and let me know if v can change the purchasing group on a PO which was released already by the old purchasing group.

Please reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Creat PO Me21n, Change PO Me22n and Display PO Me23n. if u have maintained not changable in Release ID its not possible

otherwise its possible

Regards

AKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash,

Can u please explain me in more detail...

I am using workflow for release procedure for PO. do i have to look at any settings..? can u plz be more specific, so that i can check tht?

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change in Purchase Group can retrigger release strategy, if it is one of the characteristics of the release class and the new group is part of new strategy.

SAP allows to retrigger release ONLY under one or all of the following changes:-

1. Value change 2. New release strategy selected.

No other change can re-trigger release strategy, unless it is part of the release class.

As for workflow, it depends on the workflow design, but if release is not re-trigerred, there should not be any new workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...so actually my requirement is.....once a PO is released by a purchasing group.....and later if a new purchasing group is assigned to the same PO...i need not re-send the PO for approval process....once it is released....it shud be released....

so do i have to change any settings for this situation?

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you purchasing group is not part of your release characteristics, then you should be OK.

PO will stay released.

I don't know if you have version management active though, and if that has any impact.

But if Purchase group is part of your release class, via a characteristic, then it may or may not re-trigger release.

It will re-trigger, if your new pur grp results in a new release startegy being selected.

Test this in dev and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We defined document type as characteristics.

so will a change in purchasing group on a PO or requsition will effect the release?

former_member588587
Participant
0 Kudos

Since you mentioned that only document type is part of the characteristics, the change in PO Purchasing Group shouldn't trigger a new release strategy in any way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whtheter you can change the already released PO or not depends onhow release indicator has been configured for final appoval in your system.

If Release Indicator"R" for released has changeabilitity either set up as 1 than it will not allow you to change the PO once PO is finally approved.

System will not allow you to go in to change mode.

If you want PO can be chnaged after apporval than get the changeability key for release indicator "R" to either 5 or 6

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change with Me22N . But will need to release once again .

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mean to say...the release status will be automatically changed to "not released?"

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible, if not otherwise restrcited via field selection.