cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple stock placements for single material

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as my knowledge it is not possible to have multiple stock placement stragety for signle material

we have strange scenario, we are merging two warehouses with different stock placement strategis to on wareshouse.

how to address this ? any ideas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you elaborate a little bit more about your requirement?

are you talking about the storage type search sequence?

How do you know in which warehouse you want to store? Do you split the warehouse numbers in different storage types? Or the wh nº is assigned to different storage sections?

Best regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct in saying that one material can have only one placement strategy.

If you are going to transfer the stocks to one WH, then the material should adobt the new WH placement strategy. I mean, if the material was defined as a slow mover in WH 1 and a fast mover in WH 2, then as what is it going to be defined in the new WH? It's the same material, it should have only one strategy in the new WH.

Regards,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andre/Hein

Old/legacy scenario

Plant1>WH1>PS1

Plant2>WH2>PS2

Present/new scenario

WH1+WH2=WH

Want to use PS1 and PS2 as it is

PS = placement strategy

WH =warehouse

Plant = plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I understand the setup. I just don't understand how you can define different placement strategies for one material in one new WH? You will have different removal strategies in the old WH's, but the destination WH must have one.

What is you physical process? Explain precise how the goods will flow when I receive the material from the 2 WH's into the new one. Where will it be putaway physically?

Thx,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There wont be two warehouses any more.

we are closing down one warehouse.

all the storage bins from WH1 and WH2 will be transfered to WH

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume it's the same storage location.

How do you know which strategy to use?

If you are PGR via MIGO you can create a special movement indicator and a new WM movement type with a reference storage type search and influence the search strategy!

Best Regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. So the structure from the one WH will just fall in with the other. So for example:

WH1 = to be closed down

WH2 = stay operational and WH1 structure will be added

WH2 current structure, for example ST001, section 001, 002, 003

Now you add WH1 structure either as new ST or sections.

Then in the placement strategy for the ST Ind you add the new ST or sections. Still no need to define 2 seperate placement strategies. You will fill the one area and when full new placements will go to next area.

Regards,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt this strategy may not work

legacy system is

Process orders GR to WH1with PS1

STO, GR to WH2 with PS2

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, so the difference is in the order behind. So you have process orders and stock transfer orders, right? And depending on that you want to store with different strategies... Am I right?

which IM movements do this orders create? I never worked with process orders, but if it posts a 101 movement you should think in creating a new one for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is 101 for process orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OMJJ, Update control / WM movement types.

There you should be able to control the reference movement type. Change it for stock transfer order or process order. At storage type search, use that reference to influence your strategy!

Can't test but almost sure it works.

Best regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

other option is to use a user exit for selecting a PS1 and PS2

PS1 and PS2 will be mantained in a Z table

I am searching for proper user exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As i understood from your requirement, you need to merge 2 Whse ( WH1 & WH2) into 1 whse, in which, you also wanted to keep the existing 2 Putaway strategies of a material.

I hope the intension of 2 strategies is 1. for GR for PO & 2. GR for Produn order.

My suggetion is:

You could have 2 different strategies for a single material based on Mvt type references in storage type strategies

In detail for a standard system,

WM> Interfaces>Inventory Management>Define Movement Types>Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types

The reference Mvt is 101 for IM mvt 101 for both GR wrt PO and GR wrt prodn Order.

But in OMLR

the refernce mvt 101 for PO, the WM mvt is 101 whereas

the refernce mvt 101 for prodn order the WM mvt is 103.

in OMLY you can define reference storage type search for WM movemnt types. So here you could define a value which will be used in the storage type strategy for putaway.

I hope this may help to resolve your issue.

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Yes, you are 100% correct. This will work.

Hein