cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Problem with the RFC look up !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a RFC look up to fetch data from on eof the tables in PI ( abap) stack .

The FM is commonly used standard FM: RFC_READ_TABLE. Its not the first time I am using it in my graphical mapping ,and it has worked really gud for me

But now I am facing a problem , Irrespective of what table I use it for for fetching data it is extracting data in a strange manner.

It IS fetching the data but in the following format, when I am testing the queue in message mapping.

rfclookup:out0

cC - in light grey

[] - in white

[] - light grey

[ADP] - white actual value that the RFC has extracted

[ADP] - dark grey

I have tried several permutation combination putting remove context , sort , but I cannot get rid of the -cC_ . Can any one pls tell me why is this happing.

I have used the same FM in other projects several times , never faced the same problem

Tried handling it in a UDF, but still cant get rid of it ,,,,, it is NOT allowing the [ADP] value to come as output.

I have tried with many other standard and z tables also . I have reimported the RFC. I have also imported the RFC from diferent server, but same issue is coming again and again

Initially it looked very ordinary context issue , but now it is really getting tough .

Experts , Please suggest.

Regards,

Arnab,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

I believe in a queue, the first and last contexts are ignored.

So the context -cC - in light grey and ADP - dark grey should be ignored while executing the value.

[] - in white - suggests the first value is blank, the next row is the context change(which contains the value of the previous cell always)

ADP - white actual value that the RFC has extracted - is what you require.

Can you just execute the interface end-to-end (and not display queue in mapping) and see if the data is as per your expectation?

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sauvik,

testing the complete scenerio end to end is not possible now,, will have to wait for some other team to look into ID. However , if the output is blank at the time of dry testing in the message mapping ( inspite of the fact that the RFC is working fine in extracting the data , which is visible in the queue) , can we not conclude, the same is going to happen in case of output.

Expertts ,, feed / suggestions pls !!

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It looks like there is a problem with RFC call.

1) check RFC connection (receivieng RFC CC in ID)

2) try to fetch data from other table, to me it looks like the result is empty.

Kind Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried with many other standard and z tables also . I have reimported the RFC. I have also imported the RFC from diferent server, but same issue is coming again and again .

I have already tried it. data is getting extracted, but -cC_ issue cant be handled .