Did you mean: 

Charm Maintenace cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have just successfuly configured the Charm . Our scenario is

Dev --- QA -

PRD

Now I am little bit confused about maintenance cycle .

We are SAP implemetation phase .

I just wanted to know how maintenance cycle works .

when its status needed to be change ?

pl. find the screen shots in url http://www.sendspace.com/file/26obca

I am not getting the tab u201C set to In development u201C on page 10

and I am not getting the options like system logon , complete development , create transport req. etc. all options mentioned in page 11 .

every thing is configured but don;t know how to use . I have gone through all the wiki and sap help .

Pl. advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I am seeing your file and when you authorized a SDCR document, the SDMJ is created, correct!

Them you put this SDMJ document in "in develoment" status, not new tab has to appear.

In the available actions for this document, see the action list, you can run the action create a transport request, it is in the list.

Choose it and save the document, you will get a popup for TR creation.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dolores,

Thanks for your support .

I have created new Maintenance project and in the task list project track I have unlocked group/subsequent group .

and created new transport request . you can see the step in url http://www.sendspace.com/file/3r9335 .

the logon to system option is not coming .

I have manually logged on to the system and created the test change request .

pl. suggest .

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

After checking your file:

Firstly you are creating a Change request document SDCR *335, when approving this document a Correction document SDMI *337 is created.

See that it seems you are using SDMI documents and I should suggest to use SDMJ documents instead, look for the bcset SOLMAN40_CHARM_TRANSTYPE_SDMJ in scpr20 and activated it.

You can check the type of document used by calling crm_dno_monitor and selecting the transaction type in the layout.

For SDMI comming back to Created status there is a bug corrected in note 919477, however still I should recomend you to use the Normal corrections SDMJ documents instead the SDMI Corrections documents.

See if the logon action is comming in this SDMJ documents, it should come.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores ,

As suggested by you I have activated the BC set , Now logon screen is comming .

I have created the transport request and and released from development server , also scheduled background job in task list to import request .

But when i am testing the req. it is not showing in development server . pl. find the steps i have followed in url

1. I have created the project FLOW_ALL in solution manager , which is showing in Developent . But not showing in quality server . pl suggest .

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nwb1of

2. In development system it is not giving me the permission to create own transport req. ?

3. As per my understanding

a. a new task will be created for every change request .

b. when we work on Maintenance cycle and when i create the change request , task list status should be ????? ( in development w/o release , in development with release , ..............????)

c. we have change the phase status in every step like when we created the change req. the status should be -

??, when we test the change req. status should be -

?? .

d. what if 3-4 people creating change req. samulteniously and creating the change request . it will be of status change or what will be happen ?

pl. correct me if I am wrong .

Pl. advice.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any body who can help me !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

When you create a change request, this must be authorized/rejected first by the change manager.

When a change request is authorized, a change document will be created.

At the same time the change manager will need to select the project cycle fit for the change request.

As for the maintenance cycle, you'll need to create transport of copies and import these into your test system during Development w/ Release. When the cycle phase is in Test then this is the time where the actual transports are imported into the test system.

Also make sure than when you activate ChaRM for the project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, no issues have been found. The administrator should have a valid BP in creating the project if not, though the cycle will be created along with the business transaction. It will not work properly.

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

When you are creating the TRs for SDMJ 8*378, the TRs created should have this description:

"S 8378 ..." TR2180

In your attached file when you make the change to view V_T005S the selected TR is not this one, you are selecting the TR of document *330 (TR * 22179 why???

I mean every time you create a SDMJ, you create a specific TRs assigned to this correction document and you should enter this TR when making the changes related to this correction.

After when you select action Test transport a TOC will be created for the TR associated to this correction *378.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores Correa

Please help me.. i have created an implementation project and activated ChaRM for it. Now when i create a change request with subject type Development(Implementation) it creates SDMI instead of SDMJ type request..

How we can create SDMJ type request??

Regards

Sidra

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Go to the SDN SAP Solution Manager - Charm wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/ChangeRequestManagement

There you can see several SDN blogs like

u2022First steps to work with Change Request Management scenarioChange Request

u2022Change Request Management scenario: Working examples

See the last one for an example about how the task list is working.

Hope this helps,

Dolores